Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Prospect rankings. Rank how you see fit. Feel free to list your criteria as we progress through the list.

The next Hobey Baker winner Charlie Stramel pulls out the #7 spot. On to #8.

1. Jesper Wallstedt (71.4%)
2. Broccoli Faber (43.2%)
3. Marco Rossi (56.1%)
4. Danila Yurov (63.9%)
5. Marat Khusnutdinov (51.4%)
6. Liam Ohgren (94.6%)
7. Charlie Stramel (46.2%)

I’ve added Walker. Feel free to make suggestions for prospects to add.

2022-23 Final Poll
You kid but....

This is where I have difficulty. I trust @57special viewings on the Walker/Beckman but I have a hard time letting go that Beckman is bigger, a more dangerous shot, and apparently sounds like has an energetic and infectious attitude in the locker room.

But then, let's not forget Lambos is a 1st round pick who WAS seen as a top 15 pick when his draft year started. Spacek had an amazing year. Peart is still extremely solid.

In the end, going with Beckman. I think despite him coming in as a more one-dimensional lanky prospect, from my understanding is that he has rounded off his game, still has a great shot, and is going to be loved by his coaches/teammates meaning he'll be a good bet to be a NHLer.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You kid but....

This is where I have difficulty. I trust @57special viewings on the Walker/Beckman but I have a hard time letting go that Beckman is bigger, a more dangerous shot, and apparently sounds like has an energetic and infectious attitude in the locker room.

But then, let's not forget Lambos is a 1st round pick who WAS seen as a top 15 pick when his draft year started. Spacek had an amazing year. Peart is still extremely solid.

In the end, going with Beckman. I think despite him coming in as a more one-dimensional lanky prospect, from my understanding is that he has rounded off his game, still has a great shot, and is going to be loved by his coaches/teammates meaning he'll be a good bet to be a NHLer.
In my viewing of Iowa this year (about 20 or so games), Walker looked better than Beckman IMO. I think Walker looked better than Rossi for a decent chunk as well. Petan also looked better than Beckman. Hunt looked better than O’Rourke. Wallstedt the clearly better goaltender.

I like Milne a lot too. I think he’s got a great shot at being a third liner.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
In my viewing of Iowa this year (about 20 or so games), Walker looked better than Beckman IMO. I think Walker looked better than Rossi for a decent chunk as well. Petan also looked better than Beckman. Hunt looked better than O’Rourke. Wallstedt the clearly better goaltender.

That was my guess based on people's post like yourself so thanks! But I still think as a prospect, Beckman might be above Walker. He's 4 inches taller, 2 years younger, and has a shot and energy that coaches love that will have him have an easier time finding a role at the pro level versus Walker who just might fall under that trap of great offensive AHLer but struggles to find a role at the pro level.

Unless Walker is like Dewar who can also an undersized player who can play the PK if not contributing offensively. But Dewar is really an exception, there aren't many players that can do that without some size or bite.

I'm very excited about Milne as well!

For fun:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Agree with all of this. Walker is faster, quicker, has better moves, and a more varied offensive toolkit. He’s a bit light, but he is very competitive… knocked his guy down in his first fight. Beckman is taller, but is by no means a physical force, and I sometimes doubt his IQ. About the only thing he has going for him over Walker is that he is younger. Beckman looked a tier below Walker, Rossi, and Petan… he can always improve, of course.

Milne is also very fast. Has a bit of skill, but less than Walker and Rossi. Nice motor, and plays well without the puck.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Lambos probably is the more valuable asset, but I think Peart will prove the better NHL player so went with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad