• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What’s a higher upside than being on the ice for no goals against in a 6 game series where your team got whooped?

He was playing 14 minutes per game on the third pair and he had 2:45 of PK time (not per game, the entire series).

It was a good debut but let's pump the brakes?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Brock Faber is a zero-doubt impact defender in this league right now in my eyes. I get the Wallstedt vote as well, but don't have enough goalie intricacies knowledge to be as certain as I am with Faber.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What’s a higher upside than being on the ice for no goals against in a 6 game series where your team got whooped?
Helping the non-existent offense that lost you the series?

I also think 6 games on a protected pairing is way too small of a sample size to base everything on.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If we get 1 top 6 center, 1 top 6 winger, and 1 top pair defensman from this group, I’ll consider it a win. ( and a stud goalie)

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Too much variability in the development of goalies, so Faber takes the #1 spot for me.

Reminds me of another RHD that went straight from college to making basically their NHL debut in a playoff series.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Too much variability in the development of goalies, so Faber takes the #1 spot for me.

Reminds me of another RHD that went straight from college to making basically their NHL debut in a playoff series.
Who is that? Cause I know you didn’t just compare Faber to Makar.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Oh god - I still see Faber as a #3-4 but wouldn't it be great if he's the next McAvoy. I mean similar build, similar style, both scored around 27/28 points in 38 games in their last NCAA season before jumping into the NHL.

Yeah I mean never say never, but McAvoy was a sophomore and in his D+1 season when he did that, Faber was a junior in his D+3 season. Faber was also on a much better offensive team when he scored 27. So the more apt comparison would have been Faber's sophomore year when he scored 14 points in 32 games.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Yeah I mean never say never, but McAvoy was a sophomore and in his D+1 season when he did that, Faber was a junior in his D+3 season. Faber was also on a much better offensive team when he scored 27. So the more apt comparison would have been Faber's sophomore year when he scored 14 points in 32 games.
I know I know :)

Point is ... I want a McAvoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad