Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Really torn right now between Silayev, Lindstrom, and Catton. Went with Catton because I think he's a highly skilled forward offensively. Lindstrom would have been the pick if I trusted his durability a little more. Silayev if I trusted any offensive upside more.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Voted Catton, hoping that his combine results will be 5'11'+, and 175+ lbs. Lindstrom just didn't show enough to me this year, and would like to know more about the state of his health - there are rumors about a herniated disc. Silayev is tempting. At this point in the draft, you can pick apart just about anyone, and also be convinced of the high side of about 5-6 players.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Lindstrom before Dickinson. A big skilled top six centerman is always going to be hard to find if not picked high.

EDIT: Oh wait Silayev is still there? Did we skip #5 voiting? Silayev then Lindstrom

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Lindstrom before Dickinson. A big skilled top six centerman is always going to be hard to find if not picked high.

EDIT: Oh wait Silayev is still there? Did we skip #5 voiting? Silayev then Lindstrom
There was a tie at 4, so both go there as 4a and 4b. Making the next pick #6. No tie breaker polls.

Reactions: TaLoN

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I understand the rationale but I don't see a way that Catton goes #6 at the actual draft. Obviously there are always surprises, but Lindstrom has been projected top 5-8 for the last six months, Iginla has shot up like crazy over the last month, I have to imagine both of those guys go before Catton for sure, let alone the unicorn in Silayev. Parekh, maybe, too.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I understand the rationale but I don't see a way that Catton goes #6 at the actual draft. Obviously there are always surprises, but Lindstrom has been projected top 5-8 for the last six months, Iginla has shot up like crazy over the last month, I have to imagine both of those guys go before Catton for sure, let alone the unicorn in Silayev. Parekh, maybe, too.
Thing is, Lindstrom has been injured for parts of the last half of the season, and when he has played has been inconsistent. Iginla has come one really well at the end of the season, but before that was well back. Catton has been superb and extremely productive all season long(most points of any draft eligible CHL'er), and it turns out he was playing injured at the end of the season. Points aren't everything, but they are a thing. Catton had 116, Iginla 84, Lindstrom 46 - all in the same league.

The only reason to take the other two over Catton is because of their size and strength - the good'ol Charlie Stramel rationale. While you shouldn't ignore size and strength, remember that Catton is at least 1.5-2" taller and a better skater than Perfetti and Rossi were. The guy is not tiny.

The combine results for Catton will be interesting. I have seen as high as 6', as low as 5'10". Most sites have him at 5'11.

I am always wary of picking prospects who dominated lesser leagues because of the size and strength. Unless they are absolute monsters, they usually get taken down a peg or two once they get to the NHL and they run into guys like Foligno, Wilson, and the like. Conversely, late maturers physically like Catton can usually transform their bodies given time, good nutrition, and a pro workout schedule.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This isn't a draft prediction, this is a Wild draft board vote. People base it on bpa or Wild needs or both.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I still wouldn't draft Catton that high with Silayev and Lindstrom on the board. They have strength/size over him but aren't lacking in the skill either. I see prospects like below and Lindstrom falls right in that highly coveted center piece.

1715625095015.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad