• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I love both Silayev and Lindstrom here.

I went with Silayev here because I love his skating and size combination, he can stop on a dime and propel himself the opposite way very quickly to shadow skilled players, and he doesn't give up on plays. Plus, he's got a good outlet pass, and good (not great) shot that he loves to use a lot. Combine that with him already doing this at the level right below the NHL, and I think he's the pick. To me, he looks a lot like Nick Leddy, but 6'7" and willing to use his body.

I could have just as easily gone with Lindstrom because I enjoyed his combination of size, speed, intelligence, and physicality. He attacks the center of the ice and mixes power with deception on both zone entries and east-west offensive zone play. I think he's going to translate well to the NHL, and I think he's going to be a 1st or 2nd line center. He'll be my next pick if Silayev wins this one.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I love both Silayev and Lindstrom here.

I went with Silayev here because I love his skating and size combination, he can stop on a dime and propel himself the opposite way very quickly to shadow skilled players, and he doesn't give up on plays. Plus, he's got a good outlet pass, and good (not great) shot that he loves to use a lot. Combine that with him already doing this at the level right below the NHL, and I think he's the pick. To me, he looks a lot like Nick Leddy, but 6'7" and willing to use his body.

I could have just as easily gone with Lindstrom because I enjoyed his combination of size, speed, intelligence, and physicality. He attacks the center of the ice and mixes power with deception on both zone entries and east-west offensive zone play. I think he's going to translate well to the NHL, and I think he's going to be a 1st or 2nd line center. He'll be my next pick if Silayev wins this one.
That's what I see (Lindstrom is ranked #3 for me). Silayev, yes he's big and yes he's not going to QB a PP#1 unit but still going to produce on even strength 40pts bc of his good outlet pass and will be your key shutdown dman, you put him out against McDavid.

I would love to see, in a tight game, Ohgren-JEE-Foligno with Silayev-Middleton (yes both are LHD but does it matter when shutting down a line).

And with a top 5 pick, I'm not f'ing around with high risk picks. Get me a safe but still high-end potential. As high-end as Eiserman? Maybe not, but I'm not getting fancy, just get my top pairing dman.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Silayev, for sure. Love the ceiling, love the floor and love the tape.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I went Eiserman , I’d rather watch a team with high end offensive skill than a team with lock down D. Give me both if we can but I’d rather we build a team more like 21-22 than any other iteration of the Wild.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I’ve actually heard really good things about Dickinson. Primarily that he’s probably the best dman in the draft at playing defense.

I would be okay with him or Silayev here in terms of remaining dmen.
He is also a great skater, has puck skills, and good size. His floor seems to be as a middle pairing guy, top pairing upside. Don't know enough about silayev, but scouts sure like him, and he's playing in the KHL. He'll be my next pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad