• Conor Geekie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So it looks like it's a BPA (Slaf) vs desperate need of a center (Cooley) for the voting.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
So it looks like it's a BPA (Slaf) vs desperate need of a center (Cooley) for the voting.
The only post-olympics rankings I've seen that have Slaf ahead of Cooley are the two Athletic writers. The highlight packages for Slaf are pretty underwhelming for a top pick beyond an absolute burner of a wrister. Cooley looks like a small, fast center with a great shot and good passing like Hughes. I voted BPA and it was Cooley.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The only post-olympics rankings I've seen that have Slaf ahead of Cooley are the two Athletic writers. The highlight packages for Slaf are pretty underwhelming for a top pick beyond an absolute burner of a wrister. Cooley looks like a small, fast center with a great shot and good passing like Hughes. I voted BPA and it was Cooley.

Against same age group Slaf excelled. When got bumped up to the men's league he played down in the lineup and had some learning to do. He had a decent Playoffs (5th on the team in scoring). He just had a very good WC: 3g, 6a (8 games) team leader by 3p.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I actually believe Cooley is the better prospect.
Me, too. He didn't have the best WJC points wise, but I thought that was partly due to just bad luck. He oozed talent and hockey IQ, to me.

Him measuring 5'10.5" at the combine rather than a Rossiesque 5'9" is reassuring some about his ability to be effective in the pros, just like Kemell measuring 5'9.5" rather than the 5'11" he was previously listed as, has caused doubts about him.

Seems silly to worry about 1 1/2" inches, but we are talking fine points differentiating players, some of them very hard to quantify.

I still don't know that Cooley is going to be a special player. For all we know Lekkerimaki or McGroarty could be a better C in the pros.

I think Nemec is really, really good, also.

Reactions: TaLoN

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think the team needs a 1C and a 1D, after Wright, I'm not sure Cooley is a 1C, so I went with the guy I think can be a 1D.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think the team needs a 1C and a 1D, after Wright, I'm not sure Cooley is a 1C, so I went with the guy I think can be a 1D.
I really, really like Nemec, and can't really explain why i didn't pick him over Cooley. Doesn't seem to have a weakness. With him, the hope is that he will be ready for some NHL time in 23-24, and at least one of Lambos/Hunt/ROR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad