HF Sharks Quarantine Survival Thread #3: Sharks merch/memorabilia stories

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Fake LEGOs!?!?!?!

Shame on you, eh.

(I still have to dig some Sharks stuff out of the garage)

Well until Lego does a licensing deal with the NHL, it's all I have unless I want to make handpainted customs. But I don't have the steady hands (or artistic talent) for that. :laugh:

Also I will not have you besmirch the good name of Not-Lego Hertl. Fun must be fun size.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Well until Lego does a licensing deal with the NHL, it's all I have unless I want to make handpainted customs. But I don't have the steady hands (or artistic talent) for that. :laugh:

Also I will not have you besmirch the good name of Not-Lego Hertl. Fun must be fun size.

Just wait for Fake Hertl's legs to fall off.

Wait.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I'll probably end up sharing more stuff once I dig it out. Have a cool old shirts that people would either really dig or get mad at me for having (including a Teemu Selanne Sharks shirt).

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'll probably end up sharing more stuff once I dig it out. Have a cool old shirts that people would either really dig or get mad at me for having (including a Teemu Selanne Sharks shirt).

I don't think there's a Sharks player shirt that should make anyone mad at you*

*Except Ed Belfour. Then you'd deserve to be beaten with a sack of doorknobs.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I don't think there's a Sharks player shirt that should make anyone mad at you*

*Except Ed Belfour. Then you'd deserve to be beaten with a sack of doorknobs.

I wasn't around for the Teemu years (well, wasn't a Sharks fan yet at least), but I know there's some general disappointment with his tenure here.

I do also have a Marleau shirt from when he wore 14.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
DebutPuck.jpg

This isn't something I got myself, but picked up from a memorabilia shop about 8-10 years ago: a souvenir puck from the Sharks' first ever game in the NHL, which was in Vancouver against the Canucks. It's double-sided, with the Sharks logo on one side and the Canucks on the other and the identical date information and sponsors around the outside of either face.

Given the sponsorship names included on it, I suspect it was a giveaway to fans attending that first game and not a purchase from the concessions. It's also a relic of its time besides the now-outdated team logos as one of the sponsors, Canadian Airlines, folded in the late 90s and was bought up by its major competitor, the still-enduring Air Canada.

Last edited:

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Shirt from the first playoff run:

r2bBKf8.png

Probably my favorite jacket:

BGeFlQ8.png

The aforementioned roller hockey jersey:

C8plwRj.png

Shirt from the first season:

G2iaeKs.png

Early Marleau shirt, #14 and all:

FufNGw9.png

Puck from the first season or two. Couldn't figure out all the names, but did see Wilkinson, so either 91-92 or 92-93. Alaskan Airlines giveaway:

hWof3qm.png
Jw3RjrA.png

Cow Palace tribute shirt. Not sure if it's legit/licensed, but it was a cool find and one of my favorites:

gpPzkKv.png
ON6vcrR.png

A few hats, from normal to a couple older/rarer ones, including a practice hat from 99-00:

iIDjScq.png

And finally (for now), my Selanne shirt:

4R8nA6c.png

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It's been a bit, so I wanted to show something I've been saving for a while, a gift from someone who is particularly awesome and is also probably quite well-mannered and charismatic as well: the giveaway from the Barracuda's Cleveland Barons Night a while back.

At its core was the replica giveaway Barons jersey, which has one of the most awesome logos ever:

BaronJersey1.jpg

But what makes it extra cool is that it came with some extra little knick-knacks that were packed with it, including a patch and a pair of (replica?) tickets to a Barons game vs Rochester
BaronContent1.jpg

And it's all contained in a cool Barons lunchbox featuring some of the icons of the franchise:

BaronFront1.jpg

BaronBack1.jpg

BaronSide1.jpg

(I don't have a clear shot of the other side, but it looks much the same except that it features the likes of Christian Ehrhoff, Todd Harvey, Niko Dimitrakos, and Jesse Fibiger)

Mostly with the lunchbox I'm happy to own something of the man, the myth, the legend: Dimitri Patzold

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavelski2112

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad