Prospect Info: HF Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2018 (#5)

Who is currently the Sens #5 prospect?

• Jonny Tychonick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aaron Luchuk

• Gabriel Gagné

• Maxime Lajoie

• Ben Harpur

• Marcus Högberg

• Maxime Lajoie

• Angus Crookshank

• Johnny Gruden

• Markus Nurmi

• Nick Paul

• Andreas Englund

• Total voters

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Winner of the last poll : Colin White!

HF Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2018

1- Thomas Chabot (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospect-rankings-2018-1st-read.2512983/)
2- Brady Tkachuk (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospect-rankings-2018-2.2513477/#post-147885443)
3- Logan Brown (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hf-sens-board-prospects-ranking-2018-3.2514601/)
4- Colin White (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...spects-ranking-2018-4.2515385/#post-148056203)

NHL Prospect Criteria (HF) :
Hockey's Future - NHL Prospect Criteria

2017 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospect-rankings-2017-29th-final-poll.2381591/

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2016-senators-prospects-top-30-past-rankings.2128929/

Who should I add next?

Francis Perron (LW) Sénateurs de Belleville AHL
Julius Bergman (D) Belleville Senators AHL
Kevin Mandolese (G) Cape Breton Screaming Eagles QMJHL
Jakov Novak (LW / C) Bentley Univ. NCAA
Luke Loheit (RW) Penticton Vees BCHL
Parker Kelly (C / RW) Raiders de Prince Albert WHL
Andrew Sturtz (RW) Belleville Senators AHL
Joel Daccord (G) Arizona State Univ. NCAA
Jordan Hollett (G) Medicine Hat Tigers WHL
Miles Gendron (D) Univ. du Connecticut NCAA
Filip Ahl (LW / RW) Tingsryds AIF Allsvenskan
Todd Burgess (C / RW) RPI (Institut Rensselaer Polytech) NCAA
Patrick Sieloff (D) Belleville Senators AHL
Jack Rodewald (RW) Belleville Senators AHL
Kelly Summers (D) ??????
Mikael Wikstrand (D) Färjestad BK SHL
Ville Pokka (D) Avangard Omsk KHL
Macoy Erkamps (D) Belleville Senators AHL

The poll will be open for 24-48 hours.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Between Batherson and Chlapik for me, went with Batherson who seems to have more flash, but really flip a coin. After them, I'll probably go with Gustavsson then Formenton, then the two new D, Wolanin and Jaros will battle it out.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I voted Chlapik based on his junior record which was better than Batherson. Batherson would get my vote next round.

I don’t see anyone worth adding.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I wonder how much being able to see how others vote before you do influences these polls. I find it hard to believe that collectively 70% of our people on HF have Batherson specifically as #5.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I wonder how much being able to see how others vote before you do influences these polls. I find it hard to believe that collectively 70% of our people on HF have Batherson specifically as #5.
I have him higher. Chabot isn't a prospect and he's a better prospect than White and Tkachuk.

Reactions: Tkachuk27
Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
I went Batherson. Add - Julius Bergman.

One quick note - Ville Pokka is no longer Sens property as he wasn't given a qualifying offer on before July 1st. He's listed on the NHL site as a UFA --> NHL Free Agent Tracker

Free Agents

Group 2 FAs:
Cody Ceci, Nick Paul, Mark Stone
Group 3 UFAs: Mike Blunden, Tyler Randell, Daniel Taylor
Group 6 UFAs: Max Reinhart
UFAs: Fredrik Claesson (signed: NYR), Chris Driedger, Nick Moutrey, Ville Pokka

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Well, that's not exactly how it goes. About 70% have him in their top 5, and that seems pretty spot on.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Looks like the next vote will be interesting - lots of players with similar votes after Batherson.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Thought it might get interesting after White, didn't expect Batherson to run away with this one. Should be tight now between Formenton, Chlapik, Jaros, Gus, JBD and Tychonik (maybe Wolanin too?)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

I don't think the use of specifically is right here. I have Batherson at #4 and White at #5. It's just that the consensus between the participants is Batherson at #5. It doesn't mean that he is miles ahead of who is going to be voted at #6, but most people see him as a better prospect than the other guys left.

I went Batherson. Add - Julius Bergman.

One quick note - Ville Pokka is no longer Sens property as he wasn't given a qualifying offer on before July 1st. He's listed on the NHL site as a UFA --> NHL Free Agent Tracker

Free Agents

Group 2 FAs:
Cody Ceci, Nick Paul, Mark Stone
Group 3 UFAs: Mike Blunden, Tyler Randell, Daniel Taylor
Group 6 UFAs: Max Reinhart
UFAs: Fredrik Claesson (signed: NYR), Chris Driedger, Nick Moutrey, Ville Pokka

OK thanks, I didn't see that as I use this site :

Ottawa Senators at eliteprospects.com

I don't use NHL.com much anymore, outside of precise stats I am looking for

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Chabot isn't a prospect

Chabot isnt a prospect

lol I thought this was understood in the #1 ranking

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospect-rankings-2018-1st-read.2512983/

Disclaimer : Regarding, Chabot, I have included him because he is still eligible according to the (HF) rules we have followed for the last 10+ years. If you really really can't get over the fact that he is still considered a prospect, then choose who is the most promising player between him, Tkachuk and Brown and then erase him from your own prospect list after. Problem solved. See the criterias of eligibility below

Hockey's Future - NHL Prospect Criteria

HF explains it very clearly (and anybody who has used methodology before would know) in the link I provided in the OP.

Hockey's Future is a website dedicated to prospects. To establish uniformity among all the team pages and to increase the credibility of all the articles, all players listed on HF will follow the "Prospect Rules"to help editors and writers in determining who is and isn't considered a prospect anymore. Players who no longer qualify as prospects will be removed from team lists and rankings.

If you don't establish a clear BLACK AND WHITE rule, then it's impossible to establish a consensus. Objectivity > subjectivity. Simple as that, and we should not break a 10+ years consensus to follow a few posters subjective take.

Even without those clear rules, I wouldn't agree with your statement. Chabot is a great prospect but he played more NHL games than he would have if the team didn't absolutely fell down from grace early in the season. Methot's departure left a gigantic hole in the defense and he was not replaced at all (we were hopeful that Claesson could but it was asking way too much, which is what killed him in Ottawa and now he's gone). There was also Wideman and Borowiecki injuries, which ultimately gave an opportunity to Chabot. If the defense was healthier, without a gigantic hole at #2 and the team was playing better, I doubt Chabot would have played as much, which is normal as it was his 1st pro year and his game was still very raw for this level. We haven't seen what he is going to be yet. It's not like Mark Stone who was very polished in his rookie year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad