HF Sabres Big Board #3

CupWanted

Memories of better days
Mar 4, 2008
Marner. I think his immense offensive talent and exceptional skating allows him to overcome being slightly undersized. The gap between he, Strome, and Hanifin is very minimal but I think his warts are lesser than those of Strome and Hanifin. Strome doesn't skate well enough to be dominant. I don't see anything in Hanifin's offensive game that will translate well to the next level. Defensemen don't create off the rush in the NHL the way he does at BC.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I went with Hanifin, though I go back and forth with him and Marner every day. Ultimately, I think they'll both be special players, but with where our prospect pool is we need a Hanifin more than we need a Marner.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I think they go BPA, I mean you kind of have too at that point and Hanifin is going to be something special.

Add Barzal

ZemgusWho

Jun 19, 2007
Denver
Hanifin is the better talent I think, but I'm not sure I can justify him above Marner on the board. Tough one for me. These next three are hard to separate.

Add Barzal.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Marner. While he needs to add muscle he just seems to be more of a sure thing then Strome. I mean Hanifin probably should be #3 in terms of talent but a franchise center is more vital then a franchise D , and in the Coyotes case they need a franchise center badly and they already possess a franchise D in OEL.

All I know is that we are so ****ing lucky we finished 30th. It would have been devastating to finish 29th and then pick 3rd . I really feel for Arizona, Marner/Strome isn't even CLOSE to McEichel. It's like getting Kyle Turris instead of Evgeni Malkin. You still get a great player and a decent #1 center but you miss out on a legit superstar future HoF talent.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Marner. While he needs to add muscle he just seems to be more of a sure thing then Strome. I mean Hanifin probably should be #3 in terms of talent but a franchise center is more vital then a franchise D , and in the Coyotes case they need a franchise center badly and they already possess a franchise D in OEL.

All I know is that we are so ****ing lucky we finished 30th. It would have been devastating to finish 29th and then pick 3rd . I really feel for Arizona, Marner/Strome isn't even CLOSE to McEichel. It's like getting Kyle Turris instead of Evgeni Malkin. You still get a great player and a decent #1 center but you miss out on a legit superstar future HoF talent.

Isn't Marner a winger? That aside, this isn't a "who would the Coyotes pick" poll, it is "who should be #3 on the Sabres' board?"

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Isn't Marner a winger? That aside, this isn't a "who would the Coyotes pick" poll, it is "who should be #3 on the Sabres' board?"

Exactly. That's the main reason I chose Hanifin. If the Sabres somehow got pick #3 (in addition to #2) I think they need to pick a legit #1 d-man like Noah. Skilled wingers are much easier to find in a trade/FA.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

Marner is a center and regardless center is more of a need then D so it's Marner regardless. We have our high end D in place also and need another franchise center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad