HF NYR Keeper League - Interest Thread

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Hey Everyone!

I’ve been around here for a long time and have done a few of these games in the past but life kind of got in the way. Now that things have settled down I just wanted to put up a thread to see if anyone would be interested in a little keeper league.

The Premise:

For everyone on here that thinks they are truly best armchair GM, well now is your chance to prove it against some of your HF NYR peers!

You’ll take ownership of an NHL franchise and start from the ground up with a fantasy draft where you’ll draft your NHL and AHL rosters.

After completion of the draft we will run the rosters through some kind of simulator (Still TBD)

As the GM you’ll be responsible for all roster transactions. The season will be sped up to coincide with the NHL season. Afterwards we will go through the playoffs and crown a champion (TBD if there will be an actual small prize).

We will then head to the NHL entry draft and free agency where you will have a chance to negotiate with actual agents.

My ask:

If this is something that may interest you then let me know. If we get enough interest then I will finalize the details and move this forward.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I would participate. I think keeper leagues have the potential to be the most gratifying.

Reactions: New York RKY

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I’d also like to add that if there is enough interest to start a smaller league we could always go that route and then add in an expansion draft, that could be an interesting little wrinkle as well.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Seems like interest may be very low for this but just wanted to bump it to check once more before I decide not to move forward.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I've kept the last one we did going for like 5 years now, long term keeper leagues are a lot of fun for anyone on the fence.

Reactions: New York RKY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad