Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 17th Overall

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
greetings Senators fans, I've thought a cool idea for this draft would be to do a mock draft by going through each team forum in order of there pick in the first round and poll who they would take. whoever gets the most votes gets picked. and is taken off the list for the next team. with the 16th overall pick the Sabres took Erne with the other results just below. I'm hoping that by going through each team's forum I would get a better idea of who there team might select since those fans should know the most about there teams, so given the circumstances who would the Senators select 17th overall?

Picks so Far:

Avalanche: Seth Jones
Panthers: Nathan Mackinnon
Lightning: Jonathon Drouin
Predators: Aleksander Barkov
Hurricanes: Sean Monahan
Flames: Elias Lindholm
Oilers: Valeri Nichushkin
Sabres: Rasmus Ristolainen
Devils: Hunter Shinkaruk
Stars: Alexander Wennberg
Flyers: Darnell Nurse
Coyotes: Max Domi
Jets: Frederik Gauthier
BlueJackets: Bo Horvat
Islanders: Nikita Zadorov
Sabres: Adam Erne

after I go through all 30 picks of the first round I will post the results in the prospect section.

I also ask that I'm looking to poll Senators fans so if your not a Senators fan and just browsing I ask that you refrain from voting thanks.

also Mods I realize you guys have a prospects thread but this type of thing needs to be done in a poll so I ask that you don't delete/merge the thread to allow me to continue thanks

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Andre Burakovsky. He's got a crazy high ceiling. Skilled, fast and gritty.

Last edited:

Berserker*

My vote would be for Kerby Rychel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Alot of interesting players still on board...

I'm going with Lazar.

Berserker*

I'm going with Lazar.

I think he was rated in the top five going into this season. He could actually be a home run pick if he develops his offensive game further. I would be pretty happy with either Lazar or Rychel.

zeddyp

Feb 18, 2012
Toronto

I'm going with Lazar.

same

havent really seen anything on him to make an educated pick... but read a quick little blurb comparing him to Lucic...if he can be even half the player Lucic is...then scoop this guy up :handclap:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
A lot of the guys this board likes were all gone so it will be interesting to see how this goes.

Came down to Morrisey (who I think gets underrated around here), Pulock and Rychel for me. Could have vote for any one of them...

R2010

May 23, 2011
Rychel - like Burkowsky and Zykov too. Not a big Lazar guy - surprised to see him in the lead.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I'd be pissed if the Sens took Lazar. He'll be nothing more than a 3rd liner, if that.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I'd be pissed if the Sens took Lazar. He'll be nothing more than a 3rd liner, if that.

Meh, I could definitely see him as a top 6 forward or at the very least a 3rd liner. 3rd liner is his floor in my opinion.

I think he'll have an impact in the NHL, whether it's in a goalscoring role or it's a defensive/checking role. One of the safest guys in the draft if you ask me.

Berserker*

Stuff ive read/heard about him on scouting sites and blogs.

I have read that as well, but most suggest that they are confident that he will be a third liner but uncertain whether he can be anything more than that. Some scouts do still feel that he has potential top six upside though. Lazar seems like a low risk, moderate-high reward.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I have read that as well, but most suggest that they are confident that he will be a third liner but uncertain whether he can be anything more than that. Some scouts do still feel that he has potential top six upside though. Lazar seems like a low risk, moderate-high reward.

Agreed. Which is why id be pissed if the Sens took him. :P I want the highest potential player available. So Barukowsky, Morrissey, Pulock or Hagg.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Between Lazar and Morrisey for me. Went with Lazar. Tons of upside, but also very safe. He'd be perfect for our team.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It was between Pulock and Burakovsky for me.. Realistically Pulock would be better as he is a puck moving right handed defenseman that would compliment the team (I do doubt he is around when we actually pick). But, I think the team could use a potential game breaking player like Burakovsky. In this draft we should swing for the fences. Burakovsky has the higher upside, but also higher risk. Which is why I gave the edge to him.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A lot of the guys this board likes were all gone so it will be interesting to see how this goes.

Came down to Morrisey (who I think gets underrated around here), Pulock and Rychel for me. Could have vote for any one of them...

Underrated because of his size. Always a concern with defenseman being able to handle bigger forwards than the ones he's facing in junior. He is a smart two way force with great offensive upside, but I see containing bigger players or clearing the net being an issue for him at the next level. But then again we did draft a quick undersized defenseman that one time, and he worked out pretty well for us.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Love Morrissey, chose him. Rychel was tempting as well for his goal scoring. There are a few on the list that I wish I'd seen more of though.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Also went with Morrissey, although great value with Pulock still on the board too. They are very close, but went with Morrissey is tougher and a bit better skater, so opted for him (Pulock a bigger shot and bigger frame).

Lazar and Rychel are also solid options. Lazar doesn't have huge upside, but is a safe pick and likely projects as a Mike Fisher type. Rychel has a bit more goal scoring upside than Lazar as a power winger, but isn't as good a skater and a bit risky. Hartman is also a solid, more like Lazar (albeit a bit tougher).

Would be happy with any of those 5 really.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I voted Mantha but only because I've heard a lot of good things.

I find where we are it's still pretty wide open. Garrioch seems to think we're gonna trade up this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad