Prospect Info: HF Leafs Board Prospect Ranking Making a Return After the Draft

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Greetings,

I will be doing the prospect rankings again like I did last year after the draft. I will be holding a poll every day and we will rank our top 30 prospects in the system as a group. We will find out how the posters on HF boards rank the prospects in our system.

The players will for sure include:
Joe Colborne
Greg McKegg
Spencer Abbott
Tony Cameranesi
Andrew Crescenzi
Sam Carrick
Kevin Marshall
Carter Ashton
Tyler Biggs
Kenny Ryan
Tyler Brenner
Brad Ross
Josh Leivo
Marcel Mueller
Jerry D'Amigo
Jamie Devane
David Broll
Jesse Blacker
Stuart Percy
Petter Granberg
Max Everson
Andrew MacWilliam
Tom Nilsson
Dennis Robertson
Simon Gysbers
Eric Knodel
Garret Sparks
Mark Owuya
Morgan Rielly
Matt Finn
Dominic Toninato
Connor Brown
Ryan Rupert
Viktor Loov

As well as the prospects picked this upcoming draft
(this means there could be close to 50 prospects to choose from, making for some competitive polls)

Here is an Example of what the poll will look like from a couple years ago.

Two Important Questions:

Should Jake Gardiner, Ben Scrivens and Korbinian Holzer be included?

& Am I missing any prospects who are Leafs prospects at the moment? Are any of the prospects I named above not Leaf property anymore that I mistakenly put on the list?

I hope to see all of you voting in the rankings beginning a day or 2 after the draft. :)

2012 Final Result
2011 Final Result
2010 Final Result

*List of prospects is subject to change.

Last edited:

donkeyy0

May 31, 2011
Mikus, Scott -- No longer Leafs prospects as far as I know.

Is Greenop still Leafs property?

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
None of Scrivens, Holzer or Gardiner, especially Gardiner, should be considered prospects.

Rynass is also no longer in the organization, same goes for Greg Scott (both went to Europe)

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Yikes I just realized I have my list from 2 years ago so the likes of Greenop is still on it, and that's when he was ousted. ha

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
In my opinion I wouldn't include Gardiner, Frattin or Scrivens as prospects. Holzer I would include.

We also have that Kevin Marshall guy now that we acquired from Washington for Deschamps earlier this year. He should probably be included.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Holzer should be included I think because of his lack of NHL experience.

Scriven, Frattin and Gardiner though, no.

As someone else pointed out, you forgot Marshall.

jughead42*

There comes a point where a guy is no longer a prospect and he becomes a minor leaguer competing for a job when injuries happen. I will accept a 23 or 24 year old player as a prospect if they have limited pro experience because they stayed in college, but for the most part Korbinian Holzer and some of the other guys are beyond that point. I would also suggest guys like Gardiner, Frattin, Kadri, and even Colborne (the guy played for us in the playoffs) who have made the team in a semi regular role be removed. You said yourself there could be 50 guys, thats probably not needed at all.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Rielly
2013 pick
Colborne
Percy
Biggs
Leivo
Finn
(2013 2nd)
Blacker
Ross/Granberg

is how the top 10 will probably go.

Switch Finn/Leivo as I think Finn has higher upside and i think I agree... 1 more bad year and I think Colborne drops big (although he'll most likely either be in the NHL or be close to a bust by next year)

Edit: Would also have D'amigo, McKegg, and Ashton in there above Ross/Granberg.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
There comes a point where a guy is no longer a prospect and he becomes a minor leaguer competing for a job when injuries happen. I will accept a 23 or 24 year old player as a prospect if they have limited pro experience because they stayed in college, but for the most part Korbinian Holzer and some of the other guys are beyond that point. I would also suggest guys like Gardiner, Frattin, Kadri, and even Colborne (the guy played for us in the playoffs) who have made the team in a semi regular role be removed. You said yourself there could be 50 guys, thats probably not needed at all.

I don't know about removing big Joe. He's 23 and played 17 big league games. Had he not left college hockey early he would have just finished his first year of professional hockey. I think that's legit prospect requirements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad