OT: HF Jets Lounge - Lynk's Loveline (w/ special guest Dr. Bigplay41)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
4 is better than 3

edit - And look at my main man Guerzy, over 10k posts now. You only need like... 100k more to catch the post count leader.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/memberlist.php?order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30

I'll take your 4th, add Winterpeg's 3rd and Kings 1st, bringing me to 8, minus my 3 posts to this point. I am now at 5.

Thus bringing me to, 5th.

And on the positive side, if I begin to post 127.98 times per day, I should hit the top post count at some point. It'll take a few years tho, and that is doubling ixcuincle daily post count average. :laugh:

Last edited:

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
I must say the hardest thing about quitting smoking is how much better it makes certain things. Having a coffee in the morning is always relaxing combine that with a smoke and its that much better. That's what I found was the hardest to adjust to. Alcohol + Smoking is another thing

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I must say the hardest thing about quitting smoking is how much better it makes certain things. Having a coffee in the morning is always relaxing combine that with a smoke and its that much better. That's what I found was the hardest to adjust to. Alcohol + Smoking is another thing

I know many social smokers that puff only when they're drinking.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Coffee and a cigarette in the morning is the hardest to give up. If I could have just one in a day, that would be it.

Back in the Bigs

and lovin' it !!
Oct 17, 2006

especially your health! :)
... man, I definitely don't envy anybody trying to quit smoking, it's gotta be super tough... but the effort in terms of your long term health has got to be the biggest motivator of all
I smoked a bit as a teen and quit way back then because my lungs would burn when playing hockey.... these days (40 years later) I've got some heart issues, myself, and in my family and three of the biggest risk factors are heredity, age, and diet, but smoking is the worst by far, as they say AINEC
.. good luck to all of you in your quest to kick it... not to be too heavy here, but a buddy of mine said the final motivator for him was when his doctor said "How young do you want your kids to be at your funeral?"
... now if I could just eat less and better and lose about 15 pounds- and keep it off :cry: I find THAT about as hard as you guys must find quitting smoking :laugh:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
The problem with doing it for your future health: it's well proven that humans live for the moment, and have trouble gauging things like "long term benefits". I can sit here and ruminate on what quitting smoking will do for me in future, or I can go have a smoke. ;)

Whenever I've quit in the past, I didn't use future long term heath as the main motivator - I used something MUCH more short term - my financial health. I actually put the $$ I put into smoking into an account, and took a vacation at the end of the year. :nod: The long term health benefits are things that the much older me will look back and appreciate. :D

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
The problem with doing it for your future health: it's well proven that humans live for the moment, and have trouble gauging things like "long term benefits". I can sit here and ruminate on what quitting smoking will do for me in future, or I can go have a smoke. ;)

Whenever I've quit in the past, I didn't use future long term heath as the main motivator - I used something MUCH more short term - my financial health. I actually put the $$ I put into smoking into an account, and took a vacation at the end of the year. :nod: The long term health benefits are things that the much older me will look back and appreciate. :D

But they say what doesn't kill you
Makes you stronger...so in essence every cigarette is making you stronger.

I look back on it now, and I have no idea how I ever afforded cigarettes lol.

I liked the cigarettes after meals, and the ones right before bed. My wife used to be a morning smoker, she couldn't do anything until that. Frankly...I could go without it almost all day. I didn't normal have my first one until the afternoon. When I was working it was a different story.

Back in the Bigs

and lovin' it !!
Oct 17, 2006
Watching The Masters.

By far my favorite tournament of the year.

+ 1000 ! Love the Masters...I'll be putting a serious dent in my couch this weekend:yo:

Sergio and Dustin Johnson tied for the lead at -6
(Paulina Gretzky must be treatin' Dustin better than Lindsay Vonn is treating Tiger - he's only at -2 .... but he'll be there Sunday afternoon :nod: )

Back in the Bigs

and lovin' it !!
Oct 17, 2006
for the non - golf fans, parhaps this will help pique your interest:
Lidsay Vonn following Tiger's group .... Paulina following Dustin Johnson's group... and we thought it was just Ovy who had the pull...:D

Attachments

• vonn.jpg
    vonn.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 23
  • o-PAULINA-GRETZKY-DUSTIN-JOHNSON-570.jpg
    o-PAULINA-GRETZKY-DUSTIN-JOHNSON-570.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 27

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
+ 1000 ! Love the Masters...I'll be putting a serious dent in my couch this weekend:yo:

Sergio and Dustin Johnson tied for the lead at -6
(Paulina Gretzky must be treatin' Dustin better than Lindsay Vonn is treating Tiger - he's only at -2 .... but he'll be there Sunday afternoon :nod: )

Tiger has really picked it up this season - he will be in the top three or four Sunday afternoon, looking to take a big run in the final 9, if he isn't already a few strokes up.

I bet McIllroy falls out of contention by Saturday. Something just seems off about him lately. Did anybody see his interview from yesterday? I watched some clips this morning, and he seems, well, resigned.

And who doesn't want to see Weir on the leaderboard on Sunday. i hope he has a really good tournament, and finishes in the big money.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
and I thought I had no life haha

and i am on page 5.... :cry:

I'll make you feel better. ;) I had several thousand more posts then you before the Jets came back. Now look. :laugh:

Blackhawkswincup has about doubled his post count since I've been here. And I'm pretty sure Fel 96 has doubled his since he became a mod.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Watching The Masters.

By far my favorite tournament of the year.

I'll be heading down to my parents Sunday to watch. Don't have cable right now. Can't wait. Hell, might head down Saturday. One of my favorite sporting events of the year.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Watched this doc on Public Television about HIT Protocol exercise. They basically proved that you can dramatically improve your health in 2 critical indicators by doing a miniscule amount of intense exercise.

You get on a stationary bike and pedal has hard as you possibly can against resistance for 20 seconds. You rest for a minute and repeat 2 more times. 3 times a week, 12 total minutes a month.

It breaks down the glycogen more deeply and totally than moderate exercise in a major muscle group, forcing the muscles to draw glucose out of the blood.

This guy did it for one month, 12 total minutes. He did before and after glucose 'insulin response' tests and VO2 max tests. He processed glucose 23% faster than before, and though he had no change in his VO2 max, he was genetically predisposed not to. Others see a very significant and real increase in VO2 max.

These 2 tests are major indicators of current and future health, and cardiovascular fitness. A very stunning result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad