HF Hawks Hate

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
Hawks are the NHL's darling!

Hawks get all the calls!

Nothing is ever called on the Hawks!

I'm a 35 year old man hounding a 20 something Patrick Kane and he hurt my feelings!

Anyone else getting sick of HF Boards rhetoric concerning the Hawks?

Honestly this is a ***** thread for Hawk fans but I do seriously get annoyed with the constant whining of other fans about the unfair love the NHL has for the Hawks and today's Buffalo game was at it's all-time high with the complaining about the calls at the end (and non-call on Hossa).

or am I just being overly sensitive? :D

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
picgifs-haters-gonna-hate-198545.gif

Any team with as much success as the Hawks is going to have detractors.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Good teams get penalized less because they have the puck more. Some fans take that as favoritism. It is what it is.

And sure, Hossa got away with a wack against the Sabres, but at the same time, he (or at least I thought it was Hoss) had his stick chopped in half during the second period.

Hardly unfair officiating.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
picgifs-haters-gonna-hate-198545.gif

Any team with as much success as the Hawks is going to have detractors.

I would say the opposite. For a forum where complaining about anything and everything is the norm, Hawks are very well respected on the main boards(most respect the 3 cups) and get very little hate compared to the amount of the success they have had. If you want to see hate or vitriol go to any main board thread related to a Canadian team or player on a Canadian team. It is especially bad for the Alberta trio and Leafs/Habs. Toews on the other hand is a different story. I am almost sure he ran over all their puppies.

mikitas donut

Flowers of Antimony
Sep 10, 2010
Northern Illinois
Embrace it. Detroit was loved when they finally won, then hated when they kept winning and got tons of bandwagon fans. It's the same with Chicago now. Everyone was in their corner for the 2010 cup. Now it's cool to hate them.

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
Buffalo booing Kane* was awesome. It worked out so well for them

*Patrick, the good one

FinnFan8

Expert Thread-Killer
Dec 7, 2015
SF, CA
Our own biggest haters are right here on this board :P.

Honestly, I get a lot of respect from folks around the country when I travel and visit other arenas. I think people respect the sustained, homegrown success, we've had here, and understand that we put up with a lot of half-assed teams built under WWW for a long time. People superficially hated Detroit during their peak years (and now), but deep down we all knew they deserved their success. Same is true, dare I say, for the Packers :amazed: Now that Detroit is in the east, it's easier for me to actually root for them to do well... so that we can beat them in cup final one of these years :)

What spews out on the main boards may be intense, but if you get those guys face to face, I think you'll hear a different story. Maybe it's lip service because of my intimidating physique and bright red jersey ;) , but I'm not sure.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Our own biggest haters are right here on this board :P.

Honestly, I get a lot of respect from folks around the country when I travel and visit other arenas. I think people respect the sustained, homegrown success, we've had here, and understand that we put up with a lot of half-assed teams built under WWW for a long time. People superficially hated Detroit during their peak years (and now), but deep down we all knew they deserved their success. Same is true, dare I say, for the Packers :amazed: Now that Detroit is in the east, it's easier for me to actually root for them to do well... so that we can beat them in cup final one of these years :)

What spews out on the main boards may be intense, but if you get those guys face to face, I think you'll hear a different story. Maybe it's lip service because of my intimidating physique and bright red jersey ;) , but I'm not sure.

In person, the Kaner boos were pretty weak, especially when you compare it to the cheers we heard after his goal in regulation and again in the SO. You'd swear you were in the UC.

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
A lot of the hatred is borne out of frustration with their own teams. The reaction to the Daley/Scuderi trade from Penguins fans is a great example. The vitriol coming from them about the move borders on outrageous. I immediately assumed he must be THAT bad.

Watching him play the past few games - he's not a world beater, and he still may be bought out eventually, but he's not nearly as bad as they made him out to be. It was then that I realized: this has to to be the worst time to be a Penguins fan. Not only is the team falling apart during Malkin's and Crosby's prime, but the Hawks are what the Penguins were supposed to be. THEY'RE supposed to be the ones with the three titles, the dynasty. THEY'RE suppose to be the envy of the league. THEY'RE supposed to be the hated ones. Instead: Pen's fans have had to watch their team devolve into the sad state it's currently in.

It's not hard to see where it comes from. Eventually the Hawks will get older, the lack of high picks will take it's toll, and when they come back to the pack we'll be the ones doing the hating. In a classy way, hopefully.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
People whine about calls and preferential treatment rather than admit their team got beat. Check any main board playoff thread over the years. It goes for all teams. However, if you check the team board it's *****ing about player x and y just like here....lol.

I do have to say I rarely if at all see people on here blaming anything other than the Hawks play on the ice.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Hawks have become the Patriots/Yankees of the NHL. Others are jealous and hate winners.

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin
Hawks are the NHL's darling!

Hawks get all the calls!

Nothing is ever called on the Hawks!

I'm a 35 year old man hounding a 20 something Patrick Kane and he hurt my feelings!

Anyone else getting sick of HF Boards rhetoric concerning the Hawks?

Honestly this is a ***** thread for Hawk fans but I do seriously get annoyed with the constant whining of other fans about the unfair love the NHL has for the Hawks and today's Buffalo game was at it's all-time high with the complaining about the calls at the end (and non-call on Hossa).

or am I just being overly sensitive? :D

Whenever somebody writes "hawks get all the calls" just respond by saying, "phew, I was worried the NHL refs didn't get our check in the mail. Looks like it made it."

95 percent of fans complain about refs and calls. Par for the course

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I live in a city that is in the same division as the Hawks. Pretty much everyone hates them yet respects them. That is how I take the main board's reactions to the Hawks' success.

And regarding the current Penguins state, it shows how important the front office is for the team. Stan makes some head scratchers but overall he has kept the team in a winning state. Our front office really has done well for the most part on this current run.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Wait, I came in here for the sky is falling, fire bowstink stuff and its all positive? This is the thread for you pessimists to go nuts.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
The best part of the "hate" is when people insist that none of our players are very good - they're just a product of the rest of the team.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
People whine about calls and preferential treatment rather than admit their team got beat. Check any main board playoff thread over the years. It goes for all teams. However, if you check the team board it's *****ing about player x and y just like here....lol.

I do have to say I rarely if at all see people on here blaming anything other than the Hawks play on the ice.

The wings series in 13 was pretty rough around here, but yea, I'm happy that for the most part people on this board realize that bad calls are part of the game.

Losers make excuses. Champions overcome.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
All teams get that kind of bs....all persons get ****.....all nations get hate....all ideologies...get hate
...there is not a single person or thing that does not get **** thrown at them in this world.....its just the way the world is...hateful.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad