HF Flyers Yahoo Keeper leagues, Seasons 8&3

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Hi all,

I have renewed our two keeper leagues for their eighth and third season respectively (and my sixth/third as commissioner). Everyone has auto-renewed, but everyone needs to respond here so that we can ensure every team has an active manager and replace them if not. The deadline for returning teams to respond is September 12th, 11:59 pm. The teams from last season are as follows:

Team nameUser nameStatus
Orange CrushPitReturning
Bamberg Badger Hounds@SombastateNew
Rat Brassards@flyerslducksReturning
DrinkFightFlyers@DrinkFightFlyersReturning
Insulin@InsulinReturning
No Hellebuyck Girl@denominatorReturning
SnS Last Place@SnSReturning
Sambeek Storm@DutchDennisReturning
North Kariya Missile@CanadianSniperReturning
Tung Padevat@saophimReturning
Chuck Downie@Chuck DownieReturning
Michkov Cocktail@BackToTheBrierePatchReturning

Flyers 2: Electric Boogaloo
Team nameUser nameStatus
Pit CrewpitReturning
Tucson69@FLYguy3911Returning
Adeptus Mechanicus@MkollReturning
The Meat@Beef InvictusReturning
The Grapes of Rathje@ponder719Returning
Quebec Lapins@Captain Dave PoulinReturning
J&J's Wrecking Crew@Cody WebsterReturning
Insulin@InsulinReturning
Que Rico@saophimReturning
SASHAYS IT IN!@DancingPantherReturning

If anyone new wants to get on the wait list, please chime in.
Wait list (for replacement)
volnoir
trostol

Removed
mkoll has also offered up his team in League 1, but remains in League 2. Sombastate has taken over.

There are 20 keepers and the full roster is 30. I'll set the draft shortly.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Looking forward to another good season.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
guess-whos-back-walking.gif

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Also, I know I brought it up last year, but you may want to look at the powerplay scoring settings for Flyers League.
Currently a goal is worth 2 points, an assist is 1 point. A powerplay goal is set to 2 points, a Powerplay assist is set to 1, and a PP point is another 1. The problem is that anytime a PPG is scored yahoo counts it as a (G)(PPG) AND (PPP), meaning an ES goal is worth 2 points, while a Powerplay goal is worth a whopping 5 points. Meanwhile a shorthanded goal is worth only 3 (2 from G and 1 from SHP).
If people want to keep it the way it is, that's fine, but just seems a little wild that a guy who scores 2 even strength goals and 1 even strength assist would get the same amount of points as a guy who scores one single PPG.
I would suggest removing the PPG and PPA categories and solely keeping the 1 extra for (PPP).

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
I will return

Also, I know I brought it up last year, but you may want to look at the powerplay scoring settings for Flyers League.
Currently a goal is worth 2 points, an assist is 1 point. A powerplay goal is set to 2 points, a Powerplay assist is set to 1, and a PP point is another 1. The problem is that anytime a PPG is scored yahoo counts it as a (G)(PPG) AND (PPP), meaning an ES goal is worth 2 points, while a Powerplay goal is worth a whopping 5 points. Meanwhile a shorthanded goal is worth only 3 (2 from G and 1 from SHP).
If people want to keep it the way it is, that's fine, but just seems a little wild that a guy who scores 2 even strength goals and 1 even strength assist would get the same amount of points as a guy who scores one single PPG.
I would suggest removing the PPG and PPA categories and solely keeping the 1 extra for (PPP).
i have no issue making the change

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I'm in favour of the change. It was something I inherited from the old league that always seem too heavy on the PP (hence why PPP as a category isn't counted in League 2).

I've put in a modified version of the above proposal:
- Lowered PPG to 1 point from 2
- Lowered PPA to .5 point from 1
- Removed PPP

This now makes scoring as follows:
ES Goal - 2, PPG - 3, SHG - 3.5
ES Assist - 1, PPA - 1.5, SHA - 2.5

I've made a similar change in league 2, dropping PPG from 2 to 1 and PPA from 1 to .5. I also changed SHP from 2 to 1.5 to keep it in line between the two leagues.

Sound good? It does about the same with a little more emphasis on goalscoring. And just to clarify CanadianSniper's post, SHG were 3.5, not 3 as any SHP gives you 1.5 not 1. It doesn't change the basic premise of the post but wanted to be clear if the math wasn't adding up.

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm in favour of the change. It was something I inherited from the old league that always seem too heavy on the PP (hence why PPP as a category isn't counted in League 2).

I've put in a modified version of the above proposal:
- Lowered PPG to 1 point from 2
- Lowered PPA to .5 point from 1
- Removed PPP

This now makes scoring as follows:
ES Goal - 2, PPG - 3, SHG - 3.5
ES Assist - 1, PPA - 1.5, SHA - 2.5

I've made a similar change in league 2, dropping PPG from 2 to 1 and PPA from 1 to .5. I also changed SHP from 2 to 1.5 to keep it in line between the two leagues.

Sound good? It does about the same with a little more emphasis on goalscoring. And just to clarify CanadianSniper's post, SHG were 3.5, not 3 as any SHP gives you 1.5 not 1. It doesn't change the basic premise of the post but wanted to be clear if the math wasn't adding up.
Sounds good to me.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad