HF Devils Fantasy Hockey 2013-2014

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Alrighty folks, it's that exhilarating time of the year again

It'll be Yahoo so ff you want in a league, you're not doing us any help by staring at your computer screen reading this sentence, so let us know

Folks who have been playing the HF leagues year in and out, do we want to do a Champions league or just see how many sign up and divvy it up that way?

For the folks interested who have never participated before, well thats too bad, we don't want you this year either, you party pooping poopers you......each league usually has active managers so if you feel you are not going to be relatively active, maybe it isn't the best idea to sign up

Also, these are the settings league commish's will follow (same stuff as we use every year):

Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: March 8, 2012
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Max Acquisitions per Week: 5
Min Games Played: 3
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (8 teams)
Note: Week 25 runs 6 days from Apr 2 to Apr 7

Playoff Reseeding: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: No
Divisions: No
Make League Publicly Viewable: No

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Goals (PPG), Shorthanded Goals (SHG), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Faceoffs Won (FW)

Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

In:
1. Wingman77
AfroThunder396
Henry Killinger
billingtons ghost
NJDevs26
bnots13
Dr Grant
BrodeurRULES
Scott04
10. MJMazzarone
TedenbysFrontTeeth
DangleSnipeCelly
HeliDevil
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Henrique Iglesias
hlaverty06
TheUnseenHand
fortheloveof666
Just Win
20. lboogie42
Game Breaker
Jersey Man
KaossKing
Argentaliano
Ds88
engy
eggers
MartyForVezina
BenedictGomez
30. Semak
Saugus
llmike93
jasonthenicest
Puck Farise
halyndon
bellis25

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I might as well play again, I did win a league a couple years back but didn't play last year because everything was so haphazard with the lockout.

BrodeurRULES

RIP Lokomotiv
Nov 5, 2006
I am in again and doesn't matter to me if we have a champion league or not. Maybe we should start from scratch since there was a lot of dead teams last year.

Devilsfan2326

Oct 4, 2011
Both lboogie42 and I were the most active individuals in our league last year. We would love to join you all.

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
I don't know how this all actually works...but i am for SURE interested and would be active, thats no question.

Can anyone hook me up with this fantasy league hfboard stuff?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
it seems very interesting but I havent the first remote clue about how any of it works :D

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm in. Was in the champions league last year but missed the draft and my team suuuucked.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I don't know how this all actually works...but i am for SURE interested and would be active, thats no question.

Can anyone hook me up with this fantasy league hfboard stuff?

it seems very interesting but I havent the first remote clue about how any of it works :D

Basically you're playing GM in a league with 8-12 other people/teams and the league comish gives the league ID and password to you to sign up and they figure out a draft time that works for best for the majority - then you'll go to the draft and the order is determined by Yahoo (you must have a yahoo account to do any fantasy) and you draft - where ever you are placed in the draft order, say there are 8 teams in a league; it starts at team 1 and goes to team 8 in the first round, the second round then starts with team 8 and goes down to team 1 having the last pick that round and also the first pick in the third round and so on

Once you're done drafting, you can "cut" guys in favor for the free agents available in the league throughout the season if somebody gets hurt or sucks or whatever, trade with other teams, etc and you have to set your lineup each day making note of injury changes which yahoo provides

Stats are normally the basic; goals, pts, penalty mins, +/-, goalie W, goalie GAA, goalie sv% - so say its Slammer vs Kaoss in week 1 - if Slammer's team has the most goals, PIM, best goalie GAA, and sv% he gets 4 points and if Kaoss' team has more pts, better +/- and goalie W, he gets 3 points so Slammer's record at the end of the week is 4-3 and Kaoss' is 3-4 - you want to keep note of the stats your league uses when drafting because if the league has pts and penalty mins as two of the stat categories, you'll want to strategize more and go for some guys who put a lot of pts up and also wind up in the box a lot

Any questions feel free to ask, think I explained it as best I could :laugh:

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I figure we'll just scratch the Champs league idea and divvy however many leagues are needed based on people interested

We'll make the cut off date next Monday to show interest so it gives some time to figure out draft times, who is in what league, etc and then that gives roughly 3 weeks to draft

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
Basically you're playing GM in a league with 8-12 other people/teams and the league comish gives the league ID and password to you to sign up and they figure out a draft time that works for best for the majority - then you'll go to the draft and the order is determined by Yahoo (you must have a yahoo account to do any fantasy) and you draft - where ever you are placed in the draft order, say there are 8 teams in a league; it starts at team 1 and goes to team 8 in the first round, the second round then starts with team 8 and goes down to team 1 having the last pick that round and also the first pick in the third round and so on

Once you're done drafting, you can "cut" guys in favor for the free agents available in the league throughout the season if somebody gets hurt or sucks or whatever, trade with other teams, etc and you have to set your lineup each day making note of injury changes which yahoo provides

Stats are normally the basic; goals, pts, penalty mins, +/-, goalie W, goalie GAA, goalie sv% - so say its Slammer vs Kaoss in week 1 - if Slammer's team has the most goals, PIM, best goalie GAA, and sv% he gets 4 points and if Kaoss' team has more pts, better +/- and goalie W, he gets 3 points so Slammer's record at the end of the week is 4-3 and Kaoss' is 3-4 - you want to keep note of the stats your league uses when drafting because if the league has pts and penalty mins as two of the stat categories, you'll want to strategize more and go for some guys who put a lot of pts up and also wind up in the box a lot

Any questions feel free to ask, think I explained it as best I could :laugh:

So, the Team has players from all around the NHL, you're not GM of the Devils or any specific team?

This sounds fun!

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
So, the Team has players from all around the NHL, you're not GM of the Devils or any specific team?

This sounds fun!

Yup, you can pick whatever players you want from around the NHL if another team ahead of you in the draft hasn't already taken them

You name your team and you're essentially the GM of it

If you do want to participate just create a yahoo email account if you don't have one already and you'll see the league information posted next week

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad