HF Determines the Coyotes offseason priorities #1

#1 priority (that's not #1C)

• 2nd line wing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2nd line center

• Power play quarterback (F or D)

• Scoring Depth (Bottom 6ers who contribute on the scoresheet)

• Something with the goalies (try to move one, save money etc etc )

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Seems like a good time for a canned topic.

Let's determine what HF thinks our offseason priorities list is. You can vote however you want. Strictly on ice.

Except i'm excluding #1C from the vote cause that's obviously our #1 need and has been forever so we're not voting on that.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Well if we can’t go number 1....

We logically should go number 2.... :DD

But we could really use another scoring wing.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I think we'd be ok with just keeping the status quo. Would be in a battle for the wild cards again. If we replace Panik with someone better then we're in better shape. I don't want to see too much tinkering. Skinner would be ideal.

Skinner - Schmaltz - Keller
Gally - Dvorak - Garland
Crouse - Stepan - Fischer
Grabner - Richardson - Vinnistroza
Cousins
Archibald

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
More specifically, we need someone (or multiple forwards) who can improve us at both 5-on-5 and PP.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
We need a young, consistent scorer we can build around. We have nothing in the entire organization that even comes close to that. Can we start the rebuild over again?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
This team can’t draft, develop and keep players worth a damn.

Chychrun, Keller, Dvorak, Fischer are good players, but they haven’t gotten better since their rookie year. Crouse looks to be turning a corner but I fault the last shitty coaching staff for his bad usage. Even then he’s not a top six player

Drafting a player, especially at 14, for this organization, is going to take years to see what we have. That’s before we play them in a 4th line role and eventually trade them away.

This team needs high end talent and this organization has not, and for the foreseeable future, will not draft and develop a stud player.

If trading 14 means we finally land a player of Kessels skill, you do it without hesitation. The risk we are taking on Phil is more likely to pay off than the kid we draft at 14. We are likely only going to get two to three years worth of usage out of the draft pick, I’ll take Phil for those three to four years.

Having a player like Phil want to come here does more than just get us immediate offensive help. If other things fall into place, I’m willing to bet more high end players will flirt with the idea of coming to Arizona. We need a high profile player come here and do well here. Not only to the fans, but to other players around the league.

None of this matters of course if our ownership isn’t solved.

che

Jan 6, 2018
Gothenburg
I expect us to perform better next year. If it were not for the insane number of injuries I think we would've made the playoffs.
Next year, our goaltending should be great, D is looking solid. Sure, we need a top-end guy up front. But I expect Keller and Dvorak to take big steps next year.
Keller was skating in circles this season. He looked smaller on the ice than his rookie season. In order to help his growth I believe we need a player that can be mean if players take liberties on Kels. So my vote would be for a bigger guy who can be a bit mean and score goals.

However, if I'm wrong and we were actually overperforming last year, then we need several top-end players.

Reactions: BUX7PHX

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We need a young, consistent scorer we can build around. We have nothing in the entire organization that even comes close to that. Can we start the rebuild over again?
We need a #1C. Never had one, and the way it looks we won't get one in the foreseeable future. I would add a scoring winger if the age and contract is right. Other than that, I would stand pat to start the year. Dvorak healthy should really help, if RT gets his head out of his a-- and utilizes Stepan less. Hopefully Hayton can settle in as 4C and move up during the year. Schmaltz healthy will help also, same goes for Chucky. Keller will have a better year and Garland will continue to mature, and maybe a Merkley or someone else will surprise at training camp.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
If we can’t have a legit #1 Center then it is a legit #1 Wing. It’s the story of the Coyotes forever.

D is fine. Goaltending is fine. We have never been short of third liners and the early softness last year was mitigated by aggressive (but not physical) play.

That said I don’t expect us to make a splash signing or trade. I’m guessing that the kid thinks he has it all in the org now, and will develop what he has.

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
We need 2 top wingers and a 1c...…. I didn't see that option.

So lets say we do Kessel and Malkin for 14OA and the rights to Pavel Datsuk, as well as any other player not named Keller or OEL or …… aw heck

I picked top line winger, but you know if McJesus and Tipp don't see eye to eye :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad