Prospect Info: HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects: #2

Who is Boston's #2 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
who is #2? the other 2 goalies have been added as per dom's request.
i'll suggest kuhlman to be added next.

HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects:

1) Urho Vaakanainen - D

Remaining Prospect Pool:
axel andersson
jack becker
johnny beecher
victor berglund
anton blidh
roman bychkov
cam clarke
ryan fitzgerald
trent frederic
curtis hall
cam hughes
kyle keyser
joona koppanen
karson kuhlman
jakub lauko
jeremy lauzon
dustyn mcfaul
matias mantykivi
quinn olson
jake schmaltz
zach senyshyn
pavel shen
wiley sherman
oskar steen
jack studnicka
jeremy swayman
daniel vladar
jakub zboril

*cooper zech is not eligible for this vote as he is not yet signed to an NHL contract*

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Lots to like with Captain Jack, he will be a very good 2 way player in Boston for years,just won't be this year
He got pushed around a bit down in Providence,figured things out pretty fast on the fly
But ..I'm a sucker for the shiny new toy
Going Beecher with #2

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Went with Oskar Steen. This kid has all the intangibles and will be a solid NHLer, can kill penalty's, play on the PP and his upside is as high any prospect.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Went with Oskar Steen. This kid has all the intangibles and will be a solid NHLer, can kill penalty's, play on the PP and his upside is as high any prospect.

he has that solid of an offensive game that potential PP time coming? I`m asking not disputing as I have never seen the kid play

member 96824

Full gut feeling and nothing more, but something about Lauko keeps me coming back to him. Think the B’s are going to love having him and Stud for a long time

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
he has that solid of an offensive game that potential PP time coming? I`m asking not disputing as I have never seen the kid play
Yeah he does. 10th in scoring in the SHL, 6 years younger than anyone else in the top 10. Guys under 21 who have put up .75 ppg in the SHL since 2011: Oskar Steen, William Nylander, Elias Pettersson, Oskar Lindblom, Viktor Arvidsson, Calle Jankrok, Jesper Fast. Really tenacious, strong possession player, both in handling the puck and possession numbers, very good PKer. Was a key cog to a team that had a strong playoff run. When people get eyes on him in NA they are gonna love him.

That said, Nylander, Arvidsson and Pettersson were 18 when they put up those numbers, so I dont know if he'll be a star level player like them, but I do think he's going to be a very good component to the team sooner than later.

Torn between Beecher and Studnicka. I think Beecher has higher ceiling, but Studnicka is more of a sure thing, even if he tops out at 2c. going Stud.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Lots to like with Captain Jack, he will be a very good 2 way player in Boston for years,just won't be this year
He got pushed around a bit down in Providence,figured things out pretty fast on the fly
But ..I'm a sucker for the shiny new toy
Going Beecher with #2

I've watched Stud "prospects game" and many Ice Dog games. Like I said he's our next Chris Kelly. Someone here said he's fast. He's a little better than Krejci.

I'm sticking with Beecher - He has some real potential. Size and speed. He was 3rd line center world juniors behind top 1o picks.

Watching his vids - Unreal potential . talent.

BruinsNetwork

Honestly surprised to see Vaakanainen won by such a landslide for No. 1. Thought that would have gone to Studnicka for sure.

My unwarranted thoughts: Vaakanainen is a tremendous defender who can easily play 25:00 TOI without looking gassed at all. He’ll go out there against top-lines and be a nightmare to play against because he’s so efficient at defending. He won’t put up a million points, but he’ll transition the puck and carry it up the ice with ease.

Studnicka on the other hand, will go out against top-lines, bring two-way ability and still score against them. When they’re both playing at their highest level, I think Studnicka can impact a game much more than that of Vaakanainen. Part of that is due to the positions they play, too.

Both are tremendous prospects in their own regards, but if I’m only allowed to keep one moving forward, then I’m taking Studnicka.

Reactions: UncleRico

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Went with the Stud. Going with Keyser at 3.

As you know, big fan of Kyle Keyser.

As I've stated before, the only worry I have with him is his concussion history, otherwise I am more then satisfied with his development curve.

That said, I have a tough time putting a goaltender onto my top 5. If that's the case, then I think the team's prospect pool is in trouble. But that's just my opinion.

The only reason I asked Nugs to include all the goaltenders on the list is because there are people here that like Swayman better and others that like Vladar better, and to only include Keyser on the list at first wouldn't be fair to the voting process.

Reactions: PlayMakers

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I've only seen him at the WJ and clips, but yeah he has the skill and talent to play on the PP and he's tenacious and relentless. I personally like what he brings to the table as much as any of the Bruins prospects, but my top 5 waver daily.

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
Hmmm...just had a look at how this vote turned out two years ago.
Bjork and Senyshyn in the top four. They might still make it but their stock has fallen.
Some of the results don't look too prescient in hindsight.

#13 Jesse Gabrielle
#15 Zane McIntyre
#18 Sean Kuraly
#19 Emil Johansson
#20 Matt Grzelcyk

Kuraly and Gryz got buried under a bunch of stiffs.

Reactions: TCB

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I've watched Stud "prospects game" and many Ice Dog games. Like I said he's our next Chris Kelly. Someone here said he's fast. He's a little better than Krejci.

I'm sticking with Beecher - He has some real potential. Size and speed. He was 3rd line center world juniors behind top 1o picks.

Watching his vids - Unreal potential . talent.

I’m confused. Our next Chris Kelly is a little better than Krejci? Or are you sharing your opinion and those of other people?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad