Prospect Info: HF Bruins Top 20 Prospects: #18

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
o'gara with a slim victory in #17. again no additions - still a lot of guys with 0 votes on the board. swayman/bukac/pare/berglund/clarke/arnesson/hickman all in the mix for next addition.

1) Charlie McAvoy - D (64 votes --- 97%)
2) Anders Bjork - RW (39 votes --- 50%)
3) Jake DeBrusk - LW (30 votes --- 34%)
4) Zach Senyshyn - RW (27 votes --- 34%)
5) Trent Frederic - C (28 votes --- 34%)
6) Danton Heinen - LW (showdown: 34 votes --- 58%)
7) Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson - C (showdown: 25 votes --- 42%)
8) Jakub Zboril - D (25 votes --- 33%)
9) Jeremy Lauzon - D (25 votes --- 36%)
10) Urho Vaakanainen - D (24 votes --- 36%)
11) Ryan Donato - W/C (31 votes --- 36%)
12) Peter Cehlarik - LW (30 votes --- 41%)
13) Jesse Gabrielle - LW (23 votes --- 34%)
14) Ryan Lindgren - D (28 votes --- 44%)
15) Zane McIntyre - G (26 votes --- 38%)
16) Jack Studnicka - C (24 votes --- 38%)
17) Rob O'Gara - D ( )

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Anybody here actually watch the playoffs?

i like kuraly in his role, but don't see all that much upside with him. he's a top 20 guy to me, but right around 20 is probably accurate if you're taking into account several different factors. the more i watch emil johansson, the more i think he has an outside shot to be a second pairing defender. guys like kuraly are pretty easy to find, but we're always searching for defenders who can skate, move the puck and defend.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Anybody here actually watch the playoffs?

If you referring to Kuraly, then, yes. He played well, but let's be realistic: he is, I believe, destined to be Boston's fourth-line center. That is his ideal role and one that suits his skill set. Let's not pretend that he will be anything more than that.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Sean Kuraly can't crack the Bruins under 25 years old top 20 they are deeper than I imagined

Donny Hockey :bow:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If you referring to Kuraly, then, yes. He played well, but let's be realistic: he is, I believe, destined to be Boston's fourth-line center. That is his ideal role and one that suits his skill set. Let's not pretend that he will be anything more than that.

Let's not pretend like guys can't improve and become better players.

Kuraly will never be a big-point producer, but he could end up a better skating Chris Kelly and be a very capable shut-down 3rd line center who can play all 200 ft. of the ice, which is pretty much a requirement for centers now in the NHL.

Anyways, I'm going Kuraly again for the 5th (or is it sixth) time.

Next add....I'll say Arnesson even though I'd be surprised if he ever plays in NA again.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
No Grizzy love yet? Jay Leach loves the kid. He has to be in the Top 20.

Looks like this poll and the next one will go either Johansson/Kuraly or Kuraly/Johansson, setting up a battle royal for that final #20 spot.

I can see Gryz slipping into that 20th spot on the final poll. He'll have a bit of competition though.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Looks like this poll and the next one will go either Johansson/Kuraly or Kuraly/Johansson, setting up a battle royal for that final #20 spot.

I can see Gryz slipping into that 20th spot on the final poll. He'll have a bit of competition though.

i think we can expand this to 25 spots - the question is, do we want to do each spot from 21 to 25, or one poll where everyone can vote for 5 guys they think should be in that 21-25 mix.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
i think we can expand this to 25 spots - the question is, do we want to do each spot from 21 to 25, or one poll where everyone can vote for 5 guys they think should be in that 21-25 mix.

Up to you Nugs but I'd say just keep her going with the daily polls until we hit 25.

This has a been a pleasant distraction from the Pastrnak drama.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Subban still with the highest remaining potential.

I think after the last three games up in Buffalo, if there was a re-vote, this list would already be drastically different. Especially Studnicka.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Subban still with the highest remaining potential.

I think after the last three games up in Buffalo, if there was a re-vote, this list would already be drastically different. Especially Studnicka.

He might move up a couple of spots, but I don't think there would be a big jump. Unless people were placing a ton of importance on the three scrimmages. If that's the case, Heinen and JFK should move up a couple of spots as well.

I went with Johansson, although I don't have a problem with Kuraly here either.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He might move up a couple of spots, but I don't think there would be a big jump. Unless people were placing a ton of importance on the three scrimmages. If that's the case, Heinen and JFK should move up a couple of spots as well.

I went with Johansson, although I don't have a problem with Kuraly here either.

I just think that with the groupings so tight, that 3 games and some recency bias can have a huge swing :).

I, for one, am totally overreacting to Senyshyn in the opposite direction. I know I am overreacting. I just can't help it!

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Went with subban.

Still young ( two years younger than zMcIntyre)
Still elite raw skills
Still developing
Still a great attitude/approach to the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad