GDT: HF Boards GDT: 11|13|18

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Kings look very flat.

Had their legs Desjardins first game, but damn they are back to baseline.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
It's not quite the Flames at Anaheim, but they don't seem to be hexed in other arenas quite like in Boston.

They swept the Bruins last year in the season and didnt end up beating them in the playoffs. If we get a rematch this season I think it would be imperative for the Leafs to get home ice to control the matchups

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Kings look very flat.

Had their legs Desjardins first game, but damn they are back to baseline.

Flat? There is a petition going around to rename the team the "Stanley's"

Sens 5 Kings 1
Leafs 4 Kings 1
Isles 7 Kings 2
Sabres 5 Kings 1
Wild 4 Kings 1
Flyers 5 Kings 2

Tonight after 2
Leafs 5 Kings 1

Lots of flat happening out here in LA.. :)

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
It's not quite the Flames at Anaheim, but they don't seem to be hexed in other arenas quite like in Boston.

Nah its def not Flames/Anaheim bad. The leafs had won 9 straight against the Bruins (or something close to that) literally up until a year ago I believe.

Also, In both playoff series, leafs were able to win 2 games at TD Garden to push to game 7 (Granted they lost the game 7's both times).

But yeah, we still seem to have problems in that building

Reactions: jasonleaffan

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Flat? There is a petition going around to rename the team the "Stanley's"

Sens 5 Kings 1
Leafs 4 Kings 1
Isles 7 Kings 2
Sabres 5 Kings 1
Wild 4 Kings 1
Flyers 5 Kings 2

Tonight after 2
Leafs 5 Kings 1

Lots of flat happening out here in LA.. :)

Maybe flat equals Jack Hughes. :dunno:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
To think, there were a lot of people that thought the Kings could upset Vegas in the playoffs last year

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
All of those extra airline miles must be finally taking their toll on the Sharks :D.

I said to myself an hour ago that the Preds had a better chance to come back from down 3-0 than the Kings did to come back from down 2-1. It's amusing that I was right.

Maybe flat equals Jack Hughes. :dunno:

You may be onto something there. Whenever I get a flat, I get the jack.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
3wK8KCQ.gif

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
All of those extra airline miles must be finally taking their toll on the Sharks :D.

I said to myself an hour ago that the Preds had a better chance to come back from down 3-0 than the Kings did to come back from down 2-1. It's amusing that I was right.

You may be onto something there. Whenever I get a flat, I get the jack.

The Leafs seem to be the type of team that if up 2-1 wants to pour it on.

Sharks? Not so much.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Nah its def not Flames/Anaheim bad. The leafs had won 9 straight against the Bruins (or something close to that) literally up until a year ago I believe.

Also, In both playoff series, leafs were able to win 2 games at TD Garden to push to game 7 (Granted they lost the game 7's both times).

But yeah, we still seem to have problems in that building
2013 we had weak goaltending from Reimer, and still took it to overtime game 7. Last season Matthews was fighting injuries and was cold. Kadri suspended for a majority of the series. Last Saturday missing two-thirds of our top line and with sparks in net the second day of a back to back. No one with a clear mind could judge the Leafs based on one game against Boston this year.

I find it comical that people still bring up the 2013 series, considering two players from that team are still here.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
To think, there were a lot of people that thought the Kings could upset Vegas in the playoffs last year
Well Vegas is only 4 points ahead of the Kings so all that speed of Vegas seems to not be clicking either.
Hopefully the Knights string a few wins together, though does Detroit have their #1?

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Lindholm is looking like a good player. He could be real good when he gets a little stronger.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The Leafs seem to be the type of team that if up 2-1 wants to pour it on.

Sharks? Not so much.

I think that it has more to do with the Preds being the best team in the league right now and the Kings being the worst. The Sharks likely did sit back, though, which was dangerous against such an opponent.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I think that it has more to do with the Preds being the best team in the league right now and the Kings being the worst. The Sharks likely did sit back, though, which was very dangerous, considering the opponent.

I thought Nashville might take a step back after that playoff letdown vs. Winnipeg.

Guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad