GDT: HF Boards GDT: 11/02/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
You have the lead with less than 1 minute to go with complete control of the puck behind your own net and somehow it ended up to someone wide open in the slot. Just Avs hockey.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
maybe he should get a two game suspension for being a little rough on the 160lb 18 year old boy

brilliant, you brought up his weight after he scored 4 pts and gets slashed on a breakaway. 160lb is a meme now

i guess if someone slashed mackinnon on a breakaway it'd be fine, cuz he weighs 200

Reactions: danmcn12

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
You have the lead with less than 1 minute to go with complete control of the puck behind your own net and somehow it ended up to someone wide open in the slot. Just Avs hockey.
And then last night up 4-1 and lose against Calgary. Western Canada has never been good to us.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
kicking myself for not going

knew we were favourites to win

ugh doubt we see another game like this in awhile

My buddy was at the game and said the atmosphere all game was similar to the 2011 run. Place was buzzing from puck drop.

Reactions: pettersson

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Canucks looking good.

EP is well insulated with Horvat taking the tough matchups. Bo is hella underrated.

Reactions: Tleve

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Avs look so out of sync right now. Scheduling really ****ing them up. Back to back games, 4 days rest, back to back games, another 4 days rest. What kind of schedule is that?

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
I don't know if I've ever seen a game like that. Three 1-point leads for Canucks, then three 1-point leads for Avs, then 1-point win for Canucks.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Kid does look good, but it's pretty easy to do so against the Avs. I'm pretty sure I could score on them.

He’s been this good all year really. But yeah grub looked awful. Both teams were very poor defensively but it was fun to watch.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Raanta has looked way better then I thought.
I thought Mrasek was gonna have a career killing night, but he's been able to right himself.
The kids on both teams can skate, I was hoping to see more from Staal (he started so strong), Williams for being 77 years old looks like he can still play.
His numbers over his last 85+ games are right there near the top of the league, if not the best.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Canucks looking good.

EP is well insulated with Horvat taking the tough matchups. Bo is hella underrated.

Guys like Granlund, Sutter, Beagle, Roussel and Motte usually take the load of the defensive zone starts so guys like EP, Horvat, Goldonbin and Gaudette can have more starts in the offensive zone. Pretty amazing that Granlund starts almost 80% of the time in the defensive zone and Sutter and Schaller are just above 70%. 2018-19 Vancouver Canucks Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

Most Canuck fans hate on the aforementioned but they provide the Canucks the ability to give their kids softer minutes and is actually pretty smart work by Benning.

Reactions: pettersson

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
Avs are a scary talented team canucks just played a little better.

The game was pretty chippy

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
Guys like Granlund, Sutter, Beagle, Roussel and Motte usually take the load of the defensive zone starts so guys like EP, Horvat, Goldonbin and Gaudette can have more starts in the offensive zone. Pretty amazing that Granlund starts almost 80% of the time in the defensive zone and Sutter and Schaller are just above 70%. 2018-19 Vancouver Canucks Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

Most Canuck fans hate on the aforementioned but they provide the Canucks the ability to give their kids softer minutes and is actually pretty smart work by Benning.

Benning has probably saved his career this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad