GDT: HF Boards GDT: 11/02/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Everybody been sleeping on the Coyotes. They've been unbelievable the past 6 games. 3 goals in the first period in the past 5 games in a row.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Carolina comes out flatter then 2 year old open soda.. Full props to Arizona out skating out hustling and making my Canes looks like they are wearing Cement shoes.. Actually Carolina should try that Cement Skates!.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Ok.... only 2 games so I'm kinda messing around looking at some NHL oddities...

Rick Tocchet and Rod Brind'Amour are both coaching in this Canes/Coyotes game.
They were teammates for 42 Games in Philadelphia in 1991-92.

Tocchet was traded away:
1992-Feb-19 Traded from Philadelphia Flyers with Kjell Samuelsson and Ken Wregget to Pittsburgh Penguins for Brian Benning, Mark Recchi and round 1 pick in the 1992 draft (Jason Bowen)

Brind'Amour was traded from Philly:
2000-Jan-23 Traded from Philadelphia Flyers with Jean-Marc Pelletier and round 2 pick in the 2000 draft (Agris Saviels) to Carolina Hurricanes for Keith Primeau and round 5 pick in the 2000 draft (Kristofer Ottosson)

Tocchet ended up back in Philadelphia March 8, 2000:
2000-Mar-08 Traded from Phoenix Coyotes to Philadelphia Flyers for Mikael Renberg

That was just over 40 days before he would have become teammates with Rod The Bod for the 2nd time.
But he did end up playing with the Player he was traded for Mark Recchi.

And another note, Tocchet was traded for a former teammate when he was traded from the Kings to the Bruins for Kevin Stevens.

Just some useless history. Crap I enjoy.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Ok.... only 2 games so I'm kinda messing around looking at some NHL oddities...

Rick Tocchet and Rod Brind'Amour are both coaching in this Canes/Coyotes game.
They were teammates for 42 Games in Philadelphia in 1991-92.

Tocchet was traded away:
1992-Feb-19 Traded from Philadelphia Flyers with Kjell Samuelsson and Ken Wregget to Pittsburgh Penguins for Brian Benning, Mark Recchi and round 1 pick in the 1992 draft (Jason Bowen)

Brind'Amour was traded from Philly:
2000-Jan-23 Traded from Philadelphia Flyers with Jean-Marc Pelletier and round 2 pick in the 2000 draft (Agris Saviels) to Carolina Hurricanes for Keith Primeau and round 5 pick in the 2000 draft (Kristofer Ottosson)

Tocchet ended up back in Philadelphia March 8, 2000:
2000-Mar-08 Traded from Phoenix Coyotes to Philadelphia Flyers for Mikael Renberg

That was just over 40 days before he would have become teammates with Rod The Bod for the 2nd time.
But he did end up playing with the Player he was traded for Mark Recchi.

And another note, Tocchet was traded for a former teammate when he was traded from the Kings to the Bruins for Kevin Stevens.

Just some useless history. Crap I enjoy.

So what you are saying is I'm old if I remember them both actually playing?

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
The hilarious thing is he thinks he’s “live tweeting”. although he also didn’t know how to thread tweets so that isn’t very surprising.
Hes got so much money probably paying someone to do it.

Not sure were his box is otherwise id take a pic.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
So what you are saying is I'm old if I remember them both actually playing?
Kinda? I remember em both playing, it's just fun to look back at weird connections. I think Tocchet is one of those guys that has it.

That, and I always confused the two as a child.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
3 goals on 11 shots, damn Grubauer. Shouldn't have picked you up for an extra goalie start this week in my fantasy league.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
And just like that, the Avs lead.

Neither of these teams know how to play defence, and the goaltending ain't helping.

Between Grubauer and Markstrom, 7 goals on 27 shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad