Prospect Info: HF Avs Prospect Ranking Poll 2022 #1

Who is the Avs #1 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Gotta go with Behrens here, he had a great year at DU as a freshman, and while it seems like he's on a longer development program, the Avs seem perfectly willing to be patient while he matures.

Voting to add Annunen, he may be risky, but not many other upside options available to us.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Behrens should win this in a landslide.

Weird placing Meyers in this ranking as he's basically on the NHL roster already. I guess he'll be at 2.

Add Ambrosio

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
For me it’s Meyers, I think he has good potential to be an elite third liner and is likely an NHL regular next season. Behrens COULDA become a top 4 dman, but I think that they’re close enough for me to go with the safer bet.

Add Annunen

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I think Kaut will also be NHL regular next season. I also still have faith in Beaucage. He should at least be able to light up the AHL with his shot.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
1658440125409.png

Ranta is interesting in that the higher up in level he goes, he has taken a little longer to have a break through. This would be year 3 with the Eagles (same year he had his breakthrough season with Minnesota). Does this mean being a contributor to the Avs is 4 or 5 years away?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Olausson, because I've decided he has the most NHL potential.

View attachment 571500

Ranta is interesting in that the higher up in level he goes, he has taken a little longer to have a break through. This would be year 3 with the Eagles (same year he had his breakthrough season with Minnesota). Does this mean being a contributor to the Avs is 4 or 5 years away?
Yeah, he'll be 46.

Reactions: Chiarelli

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
For me Meyers is only a prospect by technicality/definition. I totally get why he’d be voted in here or early but for me personally I’m not going to vote for him. It’s true he may be the only player on this list to be a NHL regular tho.

Olausson edges Behrens for me. It’s tough to compare them as players, both are the most talented prospects left. I’m giving Olausson the nudge for proximity and he’s shown a little something in NHL preseason and AHL postseason. First year pro will be big for him but I think he gets a little benefit of the doubt here. Behrens would be next on my list.

Add Foudy, he had a great finish to the season and is probably the only prospect with any upwards momentum right now.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
View attachment 571500

It’s Ranta’s last year of ELC and waiver exemption so he doesn’t have 4-5 years, he’s got 4-5 months left to stick.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
For me Meyers is only a prospect by technicality/definition. I totally get why he’d be voted in here or early but for me personally I’m not going to vote for him. It’s true he may be the only player on this list to be a NHL regular tho.

Olausson edges Behrens for me. It’s tough to compare them as players, both are the most talented prospects left. I’m giving Olausson the nudge for proximity and he’s shown a little something in NHL preseason and AHL postseason. First year pro will be big for him but I think he gets a little benefit of the doubt here. Behrens would be next on my list.

Add Foudy, he had a great finish to the season and is probably the only prospect with any upwards momentum right now.

Behrens' upside as a top 4D puts him higher than Meyers (surefire ~3rd liner/bottom 6 F) and Olausson (2nd line winger upside).

I give Meyers the edge over Olausson because he's more ready and can also play center. Olausson over Meyers would also be valid though based purely on upside.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Olausson
Behrens
Meyers
Foudy
Ranta/Kaut

Olausson is the only prospect with an elite attribute imo.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I think Kaut will also be NHL regular next season. I also still have faith in Beaucage. He should at least be able to light up the AHL with his shot.
Isn't Beaucage's skating an issue?

Olausson
Behrens
Meyers
Foudy
Ranta/Kaut

Olausson is the only prospect with an elite attribute imo.
That's who I voted for and it was for the same reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad