Post-Game Talk: Hey! We've Got a Winning Streak! 2-1 SO over NSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Did you notice that Toronto Maple Leafs general manager Lou Lamoriello was at tonight’s game?

FHq20Ka.png

I don't get it

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Only in Toronto do the fans want the team to purposely lose.

The Jays have their heads on straight, trade/lose their bad players. Leafs fans - trade their good players? What?

Isn't a rebuild where you keep your good parts and discard those that don't work well within the system? Should we trade Reilly, Gardiner, and Kadri in addition to Reimer? BURN THE BOATS lol

Were you not alive last NHL season?

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Bahahaha. You guys never cease to amaze. I have gone on record early in the season saying Bernier will have a bad year. He's gone full Hollywood but that's another conversation. So James puts up 2 non regulation wins and you ride in on a 6 story horse? Who needs an entertaining team when we have Reimer and Kadri fans on the HF boards? :sarcasm:

What difference does that make? He let in 1 goal in regulation, that should be enough for a win but the team did not score more then 1 goal. Why even point out that he got regulation wins?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
even in a rebuild season the leafs can stay competitive with good nhl teams

By choking the life out of the game?

That was some boring hockey for the most part.

I wonder if someone will pull a Philly when they play against us with our 1:3:1 trap we have going on.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

I wonder if someone will pull a Philly when they play against us with our 1:3:1 trap we have going on.

Tell me what team doesn't have a defensive system to clog up the neutral zone when a team has good control of the puck & are about to transition out of their zone.

When the puck is deep in the opponents zone Leafs have employed a pretty relentless forecheck with aggressive pinching D. It's when the other team has good control & progressing forward that they back off into the defensive coverage, much like 99% of all teams playing with a professional coach.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Did I actually read critiques about the entertainment value of a road win? And whinnying over possibly not finishing last overall for a 20% lottery ticket?

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Did I actually read critiques about the entertainment value of a road win? And whinnying over possibly not finishing last overall for a 20% lottery ticket?

You have to realize that no matter what, no one is going to be happy with the result.

I'm glad when they win and hate it when they get blown out like they did in Detroit. You can't control anything else aside from your own fate.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Been hard on our goaltenders but Reimer has definitely upped his game lately. He's earned the #1 job for at least a few weeks. I hope Babcock rides him hard, even if he has a couple tough games.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
I don't get it

I thought that it was interesting to see Lou Lamoriello travel with the team to Nashville. That is all.

I have only seen him shown on TV at Toronto Maple Leafs home games.

Maybe he is getting closer to consummating potential trades right now.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I thought that it was interesting to see Lou Lamoriello travel with the team to Nashville. That is all.

I have only seen him shown on TV at Toronto Maple Leafs home games.

Maybe he is getting closer to consummating potential trades right now.

Lou has always traveled a lot with the team. I might be more curious if he wasn't there.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
We're really starting to recognize and realize the Babcock/Lemaire effect on this team and its play through its hard work and system and the results are starting to show now in the standings.

A 3-1-2 record in November earning 8 of a possible 12 points.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Are you not familiar with Babcock? He's a boring coach, loves to clog things up.

Yep, as has been discussed there are some Leafs posters here who didn't like the style the Wings played.

I can't see them liking the Leafs now since they were so against that style of play.

You either like it or you don't, shouldn't matter if it is your team or the opposition team, it is Babcock hockey.

Oh, and Polak really looks bad out there. Threw a poor pass to Rielly when Rielly had forcheckers heading his way. Maybe it is the beard, or maybe it was just a bad trade.

And Winnik made a few head scratching plays, setting players up for failure a few times out there. Perhaps it is getting over the injury, but he wasn't the usual dependable defensive player he needs to be.

Iceguy24

Feb 3, 2009
Newmarket, ON
in other news
Bozak might be losing his shootout skills too now. One of the couple things he was decent at before

We need to find a taker soon
I don't think you can put much stock into the performance of any of last night's shooters - the ice at that point was pretty terrible.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Babs is also starting to choke the life out of the loss column in the standings.

His advanced stats puck possession is starting to be rewarded in the win column now.

Expect a lot of close low scoring games 3-2 and 2-1 as its the only way a team can win when it doesn't have the talent/skill of the opposition.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I love how Babcock has gotten this team to play better hockey and play with structure.

Sure they clog the middle to force turnovers but its their cycle game in the other teams end that I love. The Leafs were a rush team one and done. They never sustained pressure now they wear down the other team and you see the evidence in the 3rd when they can come back or put a team away.

In their zone they have for the most part avoided the other team pulling a Harlem Globetrotter on them and cycling the puck for hours on them.

Playoff hockey is the goal and this system will be the reason why it will happen once some more talent get into the lineup.

I want the Leafs to battle for a playoff spot and provide Reilly, Kadri, JVR, Gardiner those guys going to be around a taste of winning hockey vs the debacle of last year

I trust Hunter and CO to get good players regardless if we draft 1 or 12.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
in other news
Bozak might be losing his shootout skills too now. One of the couple things he was decent at before

We need to find a taker soon

Mike why is it you scream sample size when it comes to Kadri's shooting percentage, but when it comes to Bozak in the shootouts he might be "losing his skills"?

Do you intentionally have a double standard, or just not recognize it?

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Yep, as has been discussed there are some Leafs posters here who didn't like the style the Wings played.

I can't see them liking the Leafs now since they were so against that style of play.

You either like it or you don't, shouldn't matter if it is your team or the opposition team, it is Babcock hockey.

Oh, and Polak really looks bad out there. Threw a poor pass to Rielly when Rielly had forcheckers heading his way. Maybe it is the beard, or maybe it was just a bad trade.

And Winnik made a few head scratching plays, setting players up for failure a few times out there. Perhaps it is getting over the injury, but he wasn't the usual dependable defensive player he needs to be.

Babs is also starting to choke the life out of the loss column in the standings.

His advanced stats puck possession is starting to be rewarded in the win column now.

Expect a lot of close low scoring games 3-2 and 2-1 as its the only way a team can win when it doesn't have the talent/skill of the opposition.

I really like these games, people don't seem to realize that we have very little talent on this team right now and these players will eventually be replaced by Nylander, Marner and many other young players but for now they are doing a great job and any wins are a bonus.

I'm not sure what people thought would happen when Babcock Lamarello and others on the Management staff have been saying from the start, "there's pain coming"....

Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock warns there’s pain coming as he takes over

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...-babcock-introduced-as-maple-leafs-coach.html

New Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said he expects the job of taking over the team to be filled with “pain, fun and a journey.”

Babcock signed an eight-year, $50 million (U.S.) contract with the Maple Leafs after passing up a chance to continue his successful reign with the Detroit Red Wings or moving to another team bidding for his services.

Babcock takes over a team that has only made the playoffs once in the past decade and in the middle of a rebuild.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad