Post-Game Talk: Hey! We Suck! 3 Goats(and then some) of the game against the Isles

Your 3 "Goats" of this debacle

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The thing is that complete overhauls of Coaching staffs almost always happen during the OFFSEASON so expecting everyone to get the boot isn't realistic as much as it would make us feel better.

Then the fans should stay home and stop buying merchandise except season ticket holder and they should agree to stay home for one game with everyone else. Send a message to the ownership that enough is enough

Reactions: glenwo2 and tr83

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
Special teams have cost this team points all week.

They lost 4-2 tonight. PK gave up a goal, and the PP failed to score 3 times and gave up a goal.

At worst they should have gotten this to OT
bad teams find ways to lose though. in 3 weeks the only team we’ve beaten is the flyers and they just fired their coach. if it’s not special teams it’s something else. they are just not good

imMagnum

Jan 10, 2017

Sounds like a coach on his last legs

I like Amanda but damn her questions have been terrible lately. Yesterday she focused on Nico's fight. Now she's firing off softball, excuse baiting questions. Same with the other reporters. Everyone in the organization is letting each other off the hook.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
bad teams find ways to lose though. in 3 weeks the only team we’ve beaten is the flyers and they just fired their coach. if it’s not special teams it’s something else. they are just not good

If management just takes that attitude then nothing will change.

Special teams are why the team keeps losing. They need to correct that.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I like Amanda but damn her questions have been terrible lately. Yesterday she focused on Nico's fight. Now she's firing off softball, excuse baiting questions. Same with the other reporters. Everyone in the organization is letting each other off the hook.

It's not really her job. Problem is we have no beat reporters covering the team to ask.

Reporters don't ask tough questions to coaches anymore for the majority of teams around the league. Teams will just pull a reporters access if they feel they are too saucy.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Recently... Dougie has been pulling a subban in offemsive effectiveness. I was hoping hed pull out a big 3rd period but he shanked it on his opportunities.

I dont know what is going on but its not looking right....

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I think it's clear, sooner or later (hopefully sooner) big changes need to happen. Whether that's the coaching staff, moving a 'core' piece, or both. Something has to give. No one thought we'd be world beaters this year but there was still an expectation there'd be a clear step forward. That hasn't been there, in some cases it's been a step backwards.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
It's not really her job. Problem is we have no beat reporters covering the team to ask.

Reporters don't ask tough questions to coaches anymore for the majority of teams around the league. Teams will just pull a reporters access if they feel they are too saucy.

Yes. That said a competent organization would allow their in house reporters to ask someone challenging questions (not snippy gotacha questions, but legit questions) because they understand that their customers are smart and can see through the rose colored bullshit and want to be able to sell accountability. We don’t have that type of organization though.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yes. That said a competent organization would allow their in house reporters to ask someone challenging questions (not snippy gotacha questions, but legit questions) because they understand that their customers are smart and can see through the rose colored bullshit and want to be able to sell accountability. We don’t have that type of organization though.

No organization in the league does that

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
The entire staff has to go at this point. This is insane. The pp is barely positive goal differential. 9-6.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Subban at least said it atraight. No excuses this team is deep enough to not have a excuse to say covid protocol....yadayada

Should have executed better

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Ruff very much seems to adopt this attitude thats its all on the players and they will simply figure it out at some point.
It’s so weird… I’ll admit out first PP was real good tonight. But if they can’t pull it off consistently, something’s gotta give.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It is a very close minded sport. I know that.

Boys club too. It wouldn't shock me one bit to see some old coach try to get a female employee fired because they felt media questions were too uppity.

They have done way worse.

Why you need independent press, but that's pretty much never going to happen. Local papers are dead and what's left aren't spending money to send a reporter on the road, and the Atlantic isn't really interested in that kind of coverage.

Reactions: Billdo and jkrdevil

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
She works for the team, for the millionth time. She's not a reporter. She's a glorified PR rep. She's never going to ask ANY "tough" questions.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Subban at least said it atraight. No excuses this team is deep enough to not have a excuse to say covid protocol....yadayada

Should have executed better

Yeah well at this point I'm tired of hearing players "saying the right things" and then not following through with them on the ice. As much as we all want to shit on the coaching (and it's not completely undeserved) this ain't rocket science or something where players should need their hands held constantly to execute properly.

Reactions: Whaddagoal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad