Confirmed with Link: Hey Kyrou You're an All Star

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
The first part of the chorus is "Hey now, You're an all-star, get your game on, go play". That's awesome for Kyrou. Congrats to him. The next line is a bad omen though: "Hey now,you're a rock star, get the show on, get paid." I hope Kyrou doesn't take that too much to heart on his next deal.

Here's the song for those who have no clue what I'm talking about:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
The first part of the chorus is "Hey now, You're an all-star, get your game on, go play". That's awesome for Kyrou. Congrats to him. The next line is a bad omen though: "Hey now,you're a rock star, get the show on, get paid." I hope Kyrou doesn't take that too much to heart on his next deal.

Here's the song for those who have no clue what I'm talking about:

Hahaha, I know, I just didn't want to get a copyright strike. :sarcasm:

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I know makar is awesome but don’t understand how he is only d on our team. He gonna play whole game?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I know makar is awesome but don’t understand how he is only d on our team. He gonna play whole game?

Its a 3v3 exhibition. Who cares about D. Just role 3 forwards.

Josi does have a good chance of getting in from fan last man vote. Kadri as much as Blues fans hate him should be last man in. He's 4th in the whole league in points, 2nd in ppg (more than 2 games), but not a top 10 in division all star. He has to be a last man in. But we should all vote for Rob Thom so neither of them get it.

Everyone go vote for Robert Thomas: 2022 NHL All-Star Fan Vote

Mar 6, 2012
Happy for Kyrou, he deserves it. I like seeing young players who are actually thrilled to be there over old fogies who hate being there.

Not to be a buzz kill party pooper, but Robert Thomas has zero chance of getting voted in.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
How the heck did Keller make the team? Especially over someone like Tarasenko.
Nothing against the St. Louis kid, but I'm giving myself a bald spot scratching my head over this one as well. I understand that as a league you want to have a representative from each team, but it does suck when it comes at the expense of multiple guys throughout the league that you could argue are more deserving of the recognition.
I'm from the "everyone gets a trophy" generation of the 90's and this is basically an extension of that mindset.
Again, this is not a knock against Keller. But it is objective truth and an extension of society as a whole.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Picsart_22-01-14_11-30-35-888.png

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Nothing against the St. Louis kid, but I'm giving myself a bald spot scratching my head over this one as well. I understand that as a league you want to have a representative from each team, but it does suck when it comes at the expense of multiple guys throughout the league that you could argue are more deserving of the recognition.
I'm from the "everyone gets a trophy" generation of the 90's and this is basically an extension of that mindset.
Again, this is not a knock against Keller. But it is objective truth and an extension of society as a whole.
I have to agree with this.

It's sad that we are losing sight of what a winner is and is not.

There is not a single player on AZ that deserves to be in the AS game. Same for Buffalo.

We are positively reinforcing mediocre performances by handing out AS invitations.

Instead of pushing people (especially children) to get better and be better, we are allowing them to remain at a low-bar, which makes kids believe that it doesn't matter how they perform.

All that matters is showing up. Definitely a societal issue.

And all of this is because some parents are terrible at parenting and don't know how to train their children to be better and get better at whatever it is they're doing.

Instead, parents have taken the lazy, short-sighted route of placating their children with half-ass bullshit. All because they suck at parenting.

It's not about making the child feel good. It's about parents who have no clue how to deal with their child's failure. Participation trophies are for the PARENTS, not the children.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
The all star game is about generating revenue, providing a bunch of perks to sponsors and being a giant marketing tool. The NHL brings a rep from every team to maximize those goals. They want every fan base tuning in to watch their team's all star. It has nothing to do with rewarding mediocrity.

It would be stupid for the league to try to use the all star game to send a message to young Coyotes fans that their team is garbage, full of bad players and not deserving to be at a league event. This has nothing to do with participation trophies, it's about making money.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
The all star game is about generating revenue, providing a bunch of perks to sponsors and being a giant marketing tool. The NHL brings a rep from every team to maximize those goals. They want every fan base tuning in to watch their team's all star. It has nothing to do with rewarding mediocrity.

It would be stupid for the league to try to use the all star game to send a message to young Coyotes fans that their team is garbage, full of bad players and not deserving to be at a league event. This has nothing to do with participation trophies, it's about making money.
I think we're basically saying the same thing.. It's a business being treated as such. Having a representative from each city is completely logical for the growth of the game and it's purpose to keep fans engaged, particularly in a market where the highlight of their season from a fans perspective will be seeing it's star player represent their team and city.

Of course it's not about discouraging kids, they are, after all the target audience for the All Star game, and it surely isn't a message that their team sucks for not being represented. If they watch their team they are already quite aware of that.. Obviously at the end of the day it's about money and the additional revenue that comes with it. Regardless of that, the hypocrisy remains the same, imo.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

Of course, but @ScratchCatFever took the opportunity to point out a societal issue, of which I agree.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I think that they should expand the all-star rosters now that we have 32 teams, and each one is guaranteed a player. 8F/3D/2G. You’d have every team represented, and less star caliber players getting snubbed.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I also heard that some players who seem like snubs let it be known that they weren't interested in playing. Rather than pick Ghost Bear or Tarasenko only to have them decline, they just picked the next guy down the list. Tarasenko might want to rest from Covid, or spend time with his family. Or maybe he doesn't want to represent the Blues as he still wants out. That is pure speculation off of a rumor on my part, so take it with a large grain of salt. But it could explain some snubs.

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
I also heard that some players who seem like snubs let it be known that they weren't interested in playing. Rather than pick Ghost Bear or Tarasenko only to have them decline, they just picked the next guy down the list. Tarasenko might want to rest from Covid, or spend time with his family. Or maybe he doesn't want to represent the Blues as he still wants out. That is pure speculation off of a rumor on my part, so take it with a large grain of salt. But it could explain some snubs.
If this is to be his last year with the Blues, I would have loved for Tarasenko to represent the blues one last time in the AS game...

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If this is to be his last year with the Blues, I would have loved for Tarasenko to represent the blues one last time in the AS game...
I wouldn’t. I’d rather have someone represent the team who wants to stay here. Give me Kyrou, Thomas and even Buch as well, who is deserving. Tarasenko can sit at home.

Reactions: Blueston

bluebird enthusiast

Dec 3, 2014
I have to agree with this.

It's sad that we are losing sight of what a winner is and is not.

There is not a single player on AZ that deserves to be in the AS game. Same for Buffalo.

We are positively reinforcing mediocre performances by handing out AS invitations.

Instead of pushing people (especially children) to get better and be better, we are allowing them to remain at a low-bar, which makes kids believe that it doesn't matter how they perform.

All that matters is showing up. Definitely a societal issue.

And all of this is because some parents are terrible at parenting and don't know how to train their children to be better and get better at whatever it is they're doing.

Instead, parents have taken the lazy, short-sighted route of placating their children with half-ass bullshit. All because they suck at parenting.

It's not about making the child feel good. It's about parents who have no clue how to deal with their child's failure. Participation trophies are for the PARENTS, not the children.
Tell us how you really feel

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad