Hey everyone newbie here (somwat newbie)

Aspie with attitude

May 9, 2013
My name is Kenneth from Ocala, Florida. I used to live in Columbus, Ohio but moved back to my home state. My main team is the Columbus Blue Jackets (feel free to make fun of me). Since moving back I been following the Lightning as my second team. Even got to go to the Stanley Cup final game 2 last season (via Student rush).
I been a member on this forum mainly on the Blue Jackets section but because of work and school I hadn't been on here for a while.
I'm please to meet everyone and GO BOLTS!!!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hey - looks like you guys got our old coach. Hope he serves you well.

I think we're the one fanbase with a positive opinion of Torts.

Aspie with attitude

May 9, 2013
Hey - looks like you guys got our old coach. Hope he serves you well.

I think we're the one fanbase with a positive opinion of Torts.

Very few people actually do. If I recall correctly, Torts not only burned his bridges with Tampa Bay he blew them up with C-4s which played a huge role in him getting sacked.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Very few people actually do. If I recall correctly, Torts not only burned his bridges with Tampa Bay he blew them up with C-4s which played a huge role in him getting sacked.

He's a coach that has a shelf life, no doubt. But he brought us a Cup - that goes a long ****ing way in repairing any bridges.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Well, he burned his bridges with OK Hockey anyway, may Len Barrie waste away in hockey purgatory for all time.

I don't think the current group has any ill will and most of the fans still love him. And of course there isn't a single player left from his tenure.

Aspie with attitude

May 9, 2013
Well, he burned his bridges with OK Hockey anyway, may Len Barrie waste away in hockey purgatory for all time.

I don't think the current group has any ill will and most of the fans still love him. And of course there isn't a single player left from his tenure.

The Blue Jackets right now in a mess and the last thing we need a coach to make things even more dysfunctional.
Almost like the fire dept hiring the arsonist to put out the fires.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah he only burnt bridges with those awful former owners. He still participated in a few events for the Lightning after he got fired from Vancouver, so I'm sure current ownership has a favorable opinion of him.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Hello and Welcome! :)

Yeah he only burnt bridges with those awful former owners. He still participated in a few events for the Lightning after he got fired from Vancouver, so I'm sure current ownership has a favorable opinion of him.

Yep and he still has a very good relationship with Feaster to this day. Hard not to after all they accomplished together and what it all meant to our franchise. Like The Macho Man said, his coaching style has a short life span. After a while his messages eventually fell on deaf ears and there were a number of things he tried to do in 08 to turn the team around that fell flat. One thing though that a lot of people say about Tortz is that the fiery guy you see behind the bench is not the same person they know off the ice and that he's actually a really nice person.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
That's one thing I remember about that HBO 24/7 before the Rangers/Flyers Winter Classic. He comes off as a big ol' teddy bear away from the rink.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Welcome!

I'm not a fan of CBJ but I still like them and hope they can turn things around.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
My name is Kenneth from Ocala, Florida. I used to live in Columbus, Ohio but moved back to my home state. My main team is the Columbus Blue Jackets (feel free to make fun of me). Since moving back I been following the Lightning as my second team. Even got to go to the Stanley Cup final game 2 last season (via Student rush).
I been a member on this forum mainly on the Blue Jackets section but because of work and school I hadn't been on here for a while.

200.gif

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
My name is Kenneth from Ocala, Florida. I used to live in Columbus, Ohio but moved back to my home state. My main team is the Columbus Blue Jackets (feel free to make fun of me).

Well Okay then...
Boo.gif

Since moving back I been following the Lightning as my second team. Even got to go to the Stanley Cup final game 2 last season (via Student rush).

Welcome!

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Looking forward to disagreeing with you and insulting your opinion Kenneth

10/10 this was perfect

The Blue Jackets right now in a mess and the last thing we need a coach to make things even more dysfunctional.
Almost like the fire dept hiring the arsonist to put out the fires.

Actually Torts is probably the exact type of coach you need. You could more/less compare him to Herb Brooks (from the movie). He doesn't put up with ******** and if necessary he'll whoop a player's ass into shape.

On paper you have a legitimate playoff team that could go a couple rounds. Sure you've got some issues in the back and your goalie seems to be incredibly streaky, but you still have a decent squad.

With that said, something is wrong. Horribly wrong. Torts will help get your guys into shape.

And if not... well... at the very least you'll get a great pick next year? :snide:

P.S. Welcome ;)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Speaking of bridges, one thing that helped Tortz way back when was the strong leadership in the room, especially that of Andreychuk. He was an amazing captain and highly respected. Obviously Tortz is not an easy person to play for, but guys followed Andy. Thus Andy became the perfect link between the coach and the locker room. He was in Tort's corner and echoed the message of his coach, and guys bought in. He was the glue that kept it all together.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

...wait is this a post about torts? :sarcasm:

I wish I had a still of that scene from Top Gun where Val Kilmer is whispering about
getting a hard on.

But in all seriousness after seeing this I now know that I should never in any fashion attempt to pursue the idea of coaching in any fashion. This is frighteningly word for word what would come out of my mouth on a nightly basis from me.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Welcome CBJ newbie. Pizza and beer are in the fridge and if you now what's good for you, you won't touch the AC. Just don't step in the pile of **** that Hose made in the corner a day or so ago and you'll be fine. He always gets around to cleaning it eventually.

BTW Torts didn't burn any bridges. He got out when the going was good and by 2009 every fan in Tampa not only understood it but openly rebelled against our dumbass ownership group. Torts will forever be welcomed here for what he did for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: