Hershey (AHL) and South Carolina (ECHL) 2014-15 Season

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Apparently GMBM was at Giant Center last night to do some scouting, especially on Orlov. The Bears played like crap in the 1st and 3rd and ended up losing 6-3. Orlov had 2 PP assists. Both were heavy slapshots from the blue line that were tipped in. His shot looks pretty solid and I only noted a few passing mistakes. He definitely is still pretty rusty. He got beat on a 1 v 1 play where he had his back turned and tried to make a move with the puck to evade the defender. He ended up whiffing on the puck allowing the defender to go in on a breakaway on Grubauer for a goal.

Nate Schmidt and Chandler Stephenson were 2 players that stood out for Hershey last night. Stephenson had a nice SH goal on a 2 v 1 rush. Liam O'Brien needs to stick to actually playing the game of hockey and quit fighting heavyweights. He fought Josh Gratton and got his ass handed to him. Bura showed some skill but he definitely seemed disinterested for most of the game. Hershey needs to win tonight if they want any shot at winning the Eastern Conference

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Thanks for this update. Much appreciated by those of us who don't get to watch Bears games.

Bummed to hear that Bura didn't seem totally engaged.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Second Eastern/Overall team locked into the playoffs! Now to start figuring out how to get out of work on time! :laugh:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
http://www.pennlive.com/hersheybears/index.ssf/2015/03/minnesota_gopher_travis_boyd_s.html
Mann said Tyler Lewington, Madison Bowey and Jakub Vrana are the other Caps prospects who he's been advised could join the Bears when their seasons end.

"Those are the other names that have been thrown around our way," Mann said.

That list did not include Caps draft pick Riley Barber, who suffered a late-season injury with Ohio's Miami University.

Vanecek is scheduled to return home to the Czech Republic on Thursday. Undrafted Canisius College goalie Keegan Asmundson, who signed with South Carolina (ECHL), is scheduled to join the Bears next week after making one more start for the Stingrays, Mann said.
Barber not even being mentioned in the mix is disappointing, esp. since it's largely an acclimation phase for all of these prospects.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
Bears did not have an impressive weekend in Norfolk. Two goals, one essentially a 5-on-3 and the other an empty netter in 2 games against the last place Admirals. First in the conference is more or less out of the picture, and they really need to take their "A" game to St. John's to keep Syracuse and maybe even St. John's from dropping them in the picture.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Bears did not have an impressive weekend in Norfolk. Two goals, one essentially a 5-on-3 and the other an empty netter in 2 games against the last place Admirals. First in the conference is more or less out of the picture, and they really need to take their "A" game to St. John's to keep Syracuse and maybe even St. John's from dropping them in the picture.
How many games is the regular season now? It went from 80 to 76 correct?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Touted Vrana joins Hershey Bears:
"I'd certainly like to get him a couple games next week," said Bears head coach Troy Mann, whose team is looking to clinch the East Division title. "But we'll see how the weekend plays out.

"Vrana certainly has high-end skill and good speed. He's going to be a dynamic player when we get him in the lineup."...

Czech Republic native Vrana has his eye on North America for 2015-16.

"It's pretty far to say now," Vrana said, "but I would like to stay here in North America."

Even if that means playing in the AHL if he doesn't make Washington's NHL roster?

"Yeah," Vrana said, "I would be fine with that."
Also sounds like the CHL might be an option for Elgestal.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey with a 3-2 and WBS with a 4-0 loss means Hershey is the Eastern Division Champs! According to Stuccio's postgame talk, he believes the Bears also locked up the 2nd seed but wasn't entirely sure.

Vrana looked awesome and had an assist on the GWG. Kid is fast, has some nice hands and great hockey sense. Plays a more North American style game and was actually bigger than I remember from Development Camp. I expect him to play the rest of the way unless he starts having bad games.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Hershey with a 3-2 and WBS with a 4-0 loss means Hershey is the Eastern Division Champs! According to Stuccio's postgame talk, he believes the Bears also locked up the 2nd seed but wasn't entirely sure.

Vrana looked awesome and had an assist on the GWG. Kid is fast, has some nice hands and great hockey sense. Plays a more North American style game and was actually bigger than I remember from Development Camp. I expect him to play the rest of the way unless he starts having bad games.

Based on the positive play looks like Vrana is a done deal to play at Hershey next season. With Bowey and Barber next season looking better quality Caps prospects finally hitting.

CapsJunkie

Beaglchuck scores
May 3, 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
gotta say I was a little disappointed with the Vrana pick at 13...only because it was a center rich draft and they are a lot harder to come by... But Vrana looks so smooth out there, passing and skating just sick

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
All the prospects looked great last night. Djoos settled in after a bad first shift, but after that he played great and made some nice plays. He is a pretty good skater. Vrana is the real deal. His vision is incredible and he plays at such a high pace. He makes everyone around him better. Some of his passes are unbelievable and catch his own teammates off guard. Really excited for the playoffs to start and excited to see these kids grow the next few years.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
. Vrana is the real deal. His vision is incredible and he plays at such a high pace. He makes everyone around him better. Some of his passes are unbelievable and catch his own teammates off guard. Really excited for the playoffs to start and excited to see these kids grow the next few years.

sounds like a center

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
For those wondering, here's the breakdown of Hershey's first round schedule versus Worcester:

April 24, 7PM @ Worcester

April 25, 7PM @ Worcester

April 29, 7PM @ Hershey

May 1, 7PM @ Hershey*

May 3, 5PM @ Hershey *

*If needed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad