Heritage Classic: Sens vs. Canucks

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Meh.

The only cool thing I can see coming is jerseys.

What did the Senators jerseys look like in 1915, because apparently that's what the reference is to?

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
Meh.

The only cool thing I can see coming is jerseys.

What did the Senators jerseys look like in 1915, because apparently that's what the reference is to?

Senators1.png

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Beautiful.

God damnit, if we actually play this game with an honest-to-goodness TRUE vintage, logo-less turn-of-the-century jersey, I will never ask Murray or Melnyk for another thing as long as I live.

As a jersey enthusiast, this is my wet-dream scenario.

Same!!!!!

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
God damnit, if we actually play this game with an honest-to-goodness TRUE vintage, logo-less turn-of-the-century jersey, I will never ask Murray or Melnyk for another thing as long as I live.

As a jersey enthusiast and Sens fan, this is my wet-dream scenario.

Hopefully they make it happen.

Another jersey to add on my to-buy list when I get money :laugh:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Torn between wanting a white heritage to become our regular away and the posted above.

Will buy regardless.

Also, what do you think the old timers roster will be like? I was too young in the 90s to remember much. Would love to see a heritage classic against the leafs in 5-10 years when we can have a team with Alfie, Fish, Neil, Volchenkov etc. vs Sundin, Tucker, Domi etc.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Torn between wanting a white heritage to become our regular away and the posted above.

Will buy regardless.
To be honest, I think it's a lock that they'll go with the one Pat posted above.

They have announced it will be an homage to the Senators vs Millionaires from 1915, so I think it's safe to assume the Canucks will wear their Millionaires jersey and the Sens will wear the barber pole.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
To be honest, I think it's a lock that they'll go with the one Pat posted above.

They have announced it will be an homage to the Senators vs Millionaires from 1915, so I think it's safe to assume the Canucks will wear their Millionaires jersey and the Sens will wear the barber pole.

They had better god damned better make pro-weight jerseys available for this game.

When Calgary released their god-awful "McDonalds jersey" for the heritage classic vs Montreal, they never made Pro-stock jerseys... only Premier replicas.

I will need a pro, and I'm not willing to settle for "Chinese Knockoff"-quality "pro", either.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

I'm cool either way. Probably more excited this way since there is less chance of seeing this jersey introduced outside a heritage game.

Now I need to start thinking of who to get on the back.

I have a Karlsson and Greening already and plan on a Lehner. Who should I get?

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
They had better god damned better make pro-weight jerseys available for this game.

When Calgary released their god-awful "McDonalds jersey" for the heritage classic vs Montreal, they never made Pro-stock jerseys... only Premier replicas.

I will need a pro, and I'm not willing to settle for "Chinese Knockoff"-quality "pro", either.

Hopefully..I refuse to buy a replica or indo edge..infact Im still waiting for a Canadian Edge 2.0 of our heritage jersey to be avaible but it seems gameworn is the only way.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'm cool either way. Probably more excited this way since there is less chance of seeing this jersey introduced outside a heritage game.

Now I need to start thinking of who to get on the back.

I have a Karlsson and Greening already and plan on a Lehner. Who should I get?
Alfredsson.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Alfredsson.

He won't wear it :(

Saving him for my 07 away anyways.

Thinking of Phillips since his is a number that was worn by some Sens HHOFers from the era too :nod:

I wonder if there will be names on the back. Does anyone know what the Canucks did when they had their Millionaires jerseys?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
He won't wear it :(

Saving him for my 07 away anyways.

Thinking of Phillips since his is a number that was worn by some Sens HHOFers from the era too :nod:

I wonder if there will be names on the back. Does anyone know what the Canucks did when they had their Millionaires jerseys?

They had nameplates.

Mar0113_BoothJersey_b_slide.jpg

8037562.jpg

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Hopefully no names on the back.

I want it to be as authentic as possible.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO HEAR THE BATTLE OF YPRES IN THE BACKGROUND.

HankHillC3H8

Oct 30, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Right I remember reading about the 1915 connection back when this was first announced by TSN. I just really want a white heritage jersey :).

So the uniforms will probably look very similar to these ones?

0114-bng-vintage.png

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hopefully..I refuse to buy a replica or indo edge..infact Im still waiting for a Canadian Edge 2.0 of our heritage jersey to be avaible but it seems gameworn is the only way.

Considering Calgary only got a Premiere replica, I'll settle for an Indo-Edge.

Also: seeing as how I live in Indonesia, I feel as though maybe I need to support the local economy? Maybe?

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
Considering Calgary only got a Premiere replica, I'll settle for an Indo-Edge.

Also: seeing as how I live in Indonesia, I feel as though maybe I need to support the local economy? Maybe?

I suppose the only way to get one will be getting a gameworn one.

Dibs on Kassian jersey.:sarcasm:

OT: Does anyone know when the Sens are gonna put their gameworn jersey on their website.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad