GDT: Heritage Classic - Jets 5-6-0 vs Flames 6-5-1, 9PM CST - Corner Gas edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
(cue up "Entry of the Gladiators")

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Horses and fleas,
Come one come all!

Live from the Memorial Rink!
Memorial Rink.jpeg

The National Hockey League is proud to present
A Very Special Attraction
For one night only:

Your very own Dog River Jets (5-6-0)
Dog River Jets.jpg

versus

The Wullerton (*ptooie*) Flames (6-5-1)
Welcome to Wullerton.png

First five hundred fans in attendance get a seat!

Additional seating at the radio watching party at Ruby's Cafe, 100% free with any Buck-Fifty special coffee.
(Note: coffee refills not offered during Heritage Classic.)

First intermission entertainment featuring:

A live performance by Thunderface!
Thunderface.jpg

and

some other Canadian Content band

Tragically Hip.jpg

Come for the hockey action!
Stay because your car hasn't warmed up yet!

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Tonight's starting lineups
Brought to you by Wes's Liquor & Insurance
and
Doctor Jay's Vasectomy Clinic & Veterinary Service

For Your Dog River Jets:

Line #1:
Nikolai Ehlers - Mark Schiefele - Blake Wheeler
First Line.png

Line #2:
Kyle Connor - Bryan Little - Patrik Laine
Second Line.jpg

Line #3:
Andrew Copp - Adam Lowry - Jack Roslovic
Third Line.jpg

Line #4:
Matthieu Perreault - David Gustafsson - Gabriel Bourque
Fourth Line.jpg
(hey, I can dream, right?)

Pair #1:
Josh Morrissey - Tucker Poolman

Pair #2:
Dmitri Kulikov - Neal Pionk

Pair #3:
Carl "Jackass" Dahlstrom - Anthony "Hammerhead" Bitetto

Starting goalie: Connor Hellebuyck

For the Wullerton (*ptooie*) Flames:
Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Mangiapane - Monahan - Bennett
Lucic - Backlund - Frolik
Quine - Ryan - Rieder

Giordano - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kylington - Andersson

Starting goalie: Rittich

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Unsurprisingly, our stranglehold on a wild-card spot has slipped now that other teams have caught up some. I know it's still early but this is already a Big Game / Must Win / True Test. A loss on a national stage would be pretty horrible -- a blowout would be utterly embarrassing. So just bring it, wake the power play up, and get the clean two

GO JETS GO beat Calgary (*ptooie*) that is all.

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Thanks Alpha!

Lets friggin get a win please!
And some momentum!

GO Jets GO

Calgary was a coin-toss away from being in the exact same boat as we are; this is definitely a Must Win / Real Test game with a team just as hurting as we are. Granted, they're now in our playoff spot so we could really use a clean two tonight :)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Calgary was a coin-toss away from being in the exact same boat as we are; this is definitely a Must Win / Real Test game with a team just as hurting as we are. Granted, they're now in our playoff spot so we could really use a clean two tonight :)
Exactly!
But, the hockey gods are against us this season, so we need get every man going, and show they give a shit!

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
At least he didn't go all the way off the trails and replacing Laine with Connor, but instead promoting Ehlers instead. Which at least is good considering that the former duo having tons of more chemistry. So while Little is likely to be a no offensive impact, at least there's always the chance of these two getting at least something going. Then again I'm guessing it's one more lost game and we're back to good old ELL. \o/

Funny how all this team needs is to break up the Scheifele - Wheelers tandem, that just isn't happening no matter what, not even despite this absolute atrocious start of a season. Everyone else seems to be seeing as much apart from Maurice. How convenient & surprising.

Last edited by a moderator:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Schief and Wheeler should be well rested after missing the last game!:sarcasm:

Heinola’s lack of physical size was really exposed last game, he was a boy playing with men, experiment needs to end for the kids sake!

Downside even a 160 lb kid is better than a potato on defence!

Looking forward to this one in Dog River!

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Impressive hard work Heinola, making the NHL at 18, we'll give you a present before we send you down and play you in the Herita. . Oh sorry, I just heard my Potato is healthy.

And we get Little and Laine as a present as well.

Wheeler must have had a hard discussion with Mo after he dared break up the dynamic duo :eek:

At least it's not CSW. Need to look on the bright side :thumbu:

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
At least he didn't go all the way off the trails and replacing Laine with Connor, but instead promoting Ehlers instead. Which at least is good considering that the former duo having tons of more chemistry. So while Little is likely to be a no offensive impact, at least there's always the chance of these two getting at least something going. Then again I'm guessing it's one more lost game and we're back to good old ELL. \o/

Funny how all this team needs is to break up the Scheifele - Wheelers tandem, that just isn't happening no matter what, not even despite this absolute atrocious start of a season. Everyone else seems to be seeing as much apart from Maurice. How convenient & surprising.

I agree with everything you said except for the bolded. This team needs more than just that.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Awesome job Alpha Lackey. Corner Gas was an awesome show and one of those where you can watch episodes over and over and not get bored.

Go Jets Go. Follow the Bomber lead from last night and pull out a win.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I haven't been able to catch many games this year but since this one is Saturday night I should be able to tune in!
Hopefully we can score a goal this time! GJG!

Reactions: sipowicz

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I get chemistry between players helps but it's not like Little is a 4th line scrub , Laine should still produce with Little as his center if he's a superstar . I would rather see Laine with Scheif and Ehlers personally but Maurice sees it differently for some reason . I'm not a NHL coach so what do i know anyway . :laugh:

Reactions: sipowicz

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
I get chemistry between players helps but it's not like Little is a 4th line scrub , Laine should still produce with Little as his center if he's a superstar . I would rather see Laine with Scheif and Ehlers personally but Maurice sees it differently for some reason . I'm not a NHL coach so what do i know anyway . :laugh:
NHL coaches aren't some different species. They're humans, who can be wrong sometimes.

folix

Jul 24, 2011

The big problem is none of the wingers seem to produce with Little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad