SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
cut.png

:flames Vs. :jets
10PM
NBCSN,CBC

2 Both the Winnipeg Jets™ and Calgary Flames® will be making their second appearance in the Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™. Calgary hosted their first NHL Heritage Classic against the Montreal Canadiens, a 4-0 win in front of 41,022 fans at McMahon Stadium on Feb. 20, 2011. Winnipeg fell 3-0 to the Edmonton Oilers in front of 33,240 fans at Investors Group Field at the 2016 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™.

5 – The 2019 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ will be the fifth NHL Heritage Classic game since the NHL hosted its first ever outdoor game on Nov. 22, 2003, when the visiting Montreal Canadiens defeated the Edmonton Oilers 4-3 in front of 57,167 fans at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton.

Kuklaskorner - Numbers for the Heritage Classic

Reactions: Tofveve

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Sad that there hasn’t been a BOA @Commonwealth yet.

I’ll watch just for the atmosphere and a nice jersey battle. This will be a cool experience for the fans in Regina so I’m happy for them, but I think the Jets will stink up the joint with the trap. We’ll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: snipes

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
How dumb is it to start this at 10PM ET if you want the whole country to watch it. How is this not an afternoon game?
I think it’s a great start time, 8 MT and 7 pacific? Sheesh, we can watch the game and go out for a couple drinks and it won’t be too late. 9 for what, jets fans? Lol

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
How dumb is it to start this at 10PM ET if you want the whole country to watch it. How is this not an afternoon game?

Yup agree. I would watch this if it started at like 1PM EST or something (maybe like 5PM EST due to being out west) but no chance I watch garbage outdoor hockey that starts that late, will be out drinking by then. Outdoor games have lost their magic and I hope my team never plays them,

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Good for the people of Regina.

They have an excellent facility to host this. Looking forward to tuning in.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB

This guy’s tweet was the first time I heard anything about an outdoor game today.

They’ve managed to make spectacular marquee events completely irrelevant.

I’m just spitballig here but I personally just think it’s the teams involved, no offence to anyone. Seriously, I can’t wait for this event but what other reason could there be?

This is a big deal and it is sad that you just found out about it now because they’re not marketing the game.

Last edited:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It'll be cool to see but I hope they stop having so many outdoor games, they're getting old
Hopefully we can score in this one

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Yup agree. I would watch this if it started at like 1PM EST or something (maybe like 5PM EST due to being out west) but no chance I watch garbage outdoor hockey that starts that late, will be out drinking by then. Outdoor games have lost their magic and I hope my team never plays them,

I get why some might think they’re overdone but I still like to tune in to one or two per year. I get that it’s a good time for people out West to watch but if you’re objective is to get as many eyes on this game as possible a 4PM EST start time probably makes the most sense

Gives it more of a football tailgate atmosphere for the people going to the game too. Just my opinion

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Do people honestly even care about these outdoor games anymore?
I get they make a pile of money and the NHL won’t stop doing them until they don’t make off the games... but for me the novelty has long worn off.
I'll probably watch the 1st period, but not too many East of Manitoba will be.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Atlanta derby! Lol.

If I were a goalie in this game I’d have a little Thrasher logo with a halo over it real small on the helmet backplate or something.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Pretty weird both these Canadian hockey teams moved from Atlanta of all places when you think about it.

Outdoor game played at a neutral site in a massive football stadium. Just like our hockey forefathers.

Such Heritage. Much Classic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad