Marc Staal - Jeff Schultz
Spare - Sasha Pokoluk

Offense:

Andrew Cogliano - Guillame Latendresse - Ryan O'Marra
Dan Bertram - David Bolland - Brian Little
Jonathan Toews - Benoit Poulito - Angelo Espsotio
Steve Downie - Kyle Chipchura - Devin Setouguchi
Spare - Kris Chucko

Is this the team you would choose or do you think that this will be the WJC team?
If it's the second you forgot Blake Comeau, he will be there (and no I'm neither a Kelowna nor an Islanders fan). Sutter told the Kelowna Daily Courier in mid-November that Team Canada brass were counting on Comeau being a "big, big part of the team come Christmas-time."

Avery4Byng*

Yep, Comeau will be there no doubt. Probably be wearing a letter as well.... He is just a guy that everyone out east is underrating. But thats ok.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
scoutman1 said:
Goalies:

Carey Price
Julien Ellis

Defense:

Cam Barker - Kristopher Letang
Luc Bourdon - Ryan Parent
Marc Staal - Jeff Schultz
Spare - Sasha Pokoluk

Offense:

Andrew Cogliano - Guillame Latendresse - Ryan O'Marra
Dan Bertram - David Bolland - Brian Little
Jonathan Toews - Benoit Poulito - Angelo Espsotio
Steve Downie - Kyle Chipchura - Devin Setouguchi
Spare - Kris Chucko

I heard Barker has mono again.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Just so everyone knows, we can all PEN in Chucko, because he will be there.

I have never seen him play, but I'm thinking that Sutter will put him on his team because he was drafter by Sutter.

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
therealdeal said:

I have never seen him play, but I'm thinking that Sutter will put him on his team because he was drafter by Sutter.
I don't see it that way at all. in fact I think Boyd will be more likely that Chucko if there is a Flame player there

if Brent just wanted to take all of Darryl's picks we'd see Daniel Ryder on the team too

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
therealdeal said:

So was Kendall McArdle (Duane Sutter is Floridas Director of Player Development) and it didn't help him or are you suggesting that Brent likes Darryl more? ;)

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
As it stands, there's really only one shoo in for this team and that's Cam Barker. As for the rest of the team, it's going to be really interesting to see what kind of team they're going to put together. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you see all four lines with one player who can score, one player who can pass, and one player who's a banger. For instance, a line of Benoit Pouliot, Andrew Cogliano, and Steve Downie would work really well. Downie is the kind of guy who likes to do the dirty work, Cogliano can see the ice and pass really well, and Pouliot is becoming a finisher.

As for defense, I think it's going to be big. Because the WJC is in Canada this year, they won't be using the Olympic size ice surface. A big defense with some bruisers works really well for us.

With that being said, I'm really looking forward to some big performances from our junior team. I think we have to be considered a favourite. Even though we only have one player on the roster with WJC experience, I think we have enough talent here to win again.

The other thing I'm looking forward to is seeing how Malkin is going to do. He's going to be the top dog at this tournament and this should be a testament as to how he's going to perform at the pro level. Should be fun to watch.

psukan

Nov 2, 2005
Sutter is a westerner, he likes how western guys play, and this tourney is in the west. So if you do the math it would appear a few more western players should be on this team. With the finesse of the USA and others this team will be built around tough two way forwards with a tough big defense, as this is not international ice surfaces. So guys like Boyd, Comeau, Rodgers, Russell, Chucko, and Toews will probably be on this team. It may sound bias, but thats the way it has been in the past when picking teams. The coach seems to pick some favourite players from certain leagues or regions. Not that there is anything wrong with that, seeing they're all canadian.

turnbuckle*

Dr.Sens(e) said:
Chucko and Bertram are not shoe-ins IMO.

Shoe-ins? What exactly is that supposed to mean anyway - that they're pigeon toed? ;)

One of the more mispelled phrases I see on this board - it's becoming so popular to misspell "shoo-in" that I even see it in the daily newspapers (Well, if you count the Ottawa Sun) on occasion.

An obedient (easy) horse can be shooed into a stall. An ornery horse , not so much. That is where the phrase was derived from - meaning "an easy victory".

Sorry for the spelling lesson, but there appears to almost be a "shoe-in" epidemic happening around here. ;)

I like what I've seen from Comeau; I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyd make the team as well. I don't think Sutter is going to take Little, Toews AND Esposito, I expect at least one of them to be passed over for more experience. Is Toews better all-around than Boyd right now? Is Esposito better than Comeau? He certainly is not as strong, or as stellar defensively.

There will be some interesting decisions to be made, as always.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Comeau is indeed a shoo-in. There have been comments that he will be a big part of the team if I remember correctly... read it in the paper a couple days ago.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
tray said:
Ya u can.
Na you can't, you can have similar syndroms, caused by a different virus, but you can't catch 2 times the Epstein-Barr virus...

Hawkhead

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.kiekko.tk
Looks like the hawks for the second straiht year will have the most prospects on the team

3 or 4

Im leaning towards 4

Barker and Bolland obviously

And

Bertram sounds like a favourite to make it and Blunden is a big dude who has scored tons (24 in 27) as an 18 year old and uses his size, definition of a power forward.

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It would be nice to see Esposito on the team but considering how young the team will be already, I'm not so sure if it would be a good idea to take him. For this reason, unless Esposito makes it impossible for Sutter to leave off the team, my guess is that Sutter would not take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino