Pre-Game Talk: Here come the Champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
That’s the guy we call Paddington in our GDTs. We need some serious memes and gifs to get us through this one.

Omg the best part of our run outside of the Cup win was everyone misspelling his name.

"Yeah Bennington looked all right"

"Good old Jordash Paddington or whatever the hell his name is? Wait...is it..Billington?"

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I agree and I think he will always be average to mediocre.
Offensive D who skates like he does and he has zero goals in 125 NHL games?
Not great selling points. Who would want him, even for picks. It's almost certain we trade him and he scores in the first game with his new team. :laugh:

Reactions: Tyson

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Any players looking good so far that I should keep an eye out for tomorrow night?

Sammy Blais and David Perron are killing it so far this year. Perron is on fire right now.
Jonathan Drouin seems to have woken up, so watch #92 to see his "Don't-Trade-Me-Bro!" speed and skill on display.

And feel free to weight in on the Is-Carey-Price-Overrated sweepstakes.

I'm a major Binnington fan, so I'm psyched to see him for the first time after that awesome game-7!

Reactions: TK 421

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
If we see the same effort as last night this one will get ugly fast
Gear up. Got to minimize as possible these kind of nights off. Being solid on our boards would be heck of a task. Floating is a big no with an capital letter. There's no other ways...

Reactions: habsfan891

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I think the Habs will win. It's just a gut feeling. Blues will think they can take the night off and still walk away with two points. Pricer will show them. He is starting, right? o_O

ROW, ROW, ROW (not your boat either)

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I shouldn't be surprised at the immediate and 10/10 negativity on here but I am. The roster is going to shake out and we'll find something that works, question is how long will it take? Can we experiment with the lineup while trying to keep in the race for the playoffs? Maybe. Our tendency is to wallow in the negativity, but there's really no predicting what's going to happen.

Lots of breakout potential from the young players, and even if some had career years it doesn't mean the one following won't be strong. Plus MB will make his usual early season trade, likely for some Dman and I could see a forward like lehkonen or byron being part of package the other way.

Put away the notion that this season is somehow already over. It's silly and pointless. I'm not saying the season is guaranteed to be a successful one, but there's just so much left to happen before we can make more accurate predictions.

Go Habs.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That is bad on so many levels.

While Mete doesn't own the NHL record, he's entered the Habs record book as the Hab player with most games played without a goal to start his NHL career, surpassing the previous record holder Mike Komisarek:

v6mJEp6l.jpg

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
While Mete doesn't own the NHL record, he's entered the Habs record book as the Hab player with most games played without a goal to start his NHL career, surpassing the previous record holder Mike Komisarek:

v6mJEp6l.jpg
Mete is being used as a first pairing D, in reality he might have been able to develop more of an offensive game if he spent a few years in the minors. In our current situation he is trying to survive more than anything else. Would you rather have Sergachev or this poor guy? I already know the answer.

Reactions: Tyson

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I laughed so hard that I spit my coffee out, then realized how true it is and then I started crying.
It's where we are, some here call me a hater because I make sarcastic humorous remarks about what I see in front of me when it comes to this team both on and off the ice. We have a couple of good players and the rest are well, to put it gently, bargain bin talents.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Mete is being used as a first pairing D, in reality he might have been able to develop more of an offensive game if he spent a few years in the minors. In our current situation he is trying to survive more than anything else. Would you rather have Sergachev or this poor guy? I already know the answer.

Victor is also only 21.. You're insinuating he doesn't ever achieve what you think he would have if he went to the minors. He still could breakout to be very good.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

While we're at it, I'd rather have Yzerman over Bergevin. :sarcasm:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Victor is also only 21.. You're insinuating he doesn't ever achieve what you think he would have if he went to the minors. He still could breakout to be very good.
Victor was rushed to the NHL because our GM gutted the left side of our D, he is trying to survive out there, surely you can see this? He is playing first pairing D on an NHL team, he is 125 games in the league without one single goal. Sadly we have no one to replace him, year 8 of MB and this is where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad