Confirmed with Link: Herculean efforts by 97

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
We're not worthy! That's insane, playing through that much illness and still being PPG and our best player most nights. I can't wait to watch him torch teams now that he's back to normal. I also like the McLellan quote - when your captain has the much competitive fire you let him go.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I have said to the ppl I was at the games with there was something not right with McDavid for a long time, he didn't have that extra gear which for him is like Ludacris mode on a Tesla. I was worried he tweaked something that was impacting his skating. Now that its come out he has had the flu, two different strains and the first one sounds like it was an ugly one, and strep throat, lost 10-15 lbs, there is the answer. His game on the road trip is showing he is just starting to return to health and hit his stride. He also sounds pretty pissed off at the situation the team is in.

I wonder what a pissed off, healthy, motivated McDavid can do for 51 games. This could be fun to watch, playoffs or not.

ROFL....I instantly thought of this:

Now to see McDavid go plaid...but stop better than Lord Helmet ;)

Reactions: Night Witch

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Strept on top of two flus sounds absolutely terrible. Props to him for playing through it. Just had strept and it was god awful. Good to see him getting back to full strength.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
A quarter of the season (when it's all said and done) playing sick as a dog and he's still going to win the Art Ross.

A lot of us figured something was up with him ever since the Calgary game to begin the season as he just didn't have his usual explosiveness afterwards. Major kudos to him fighting through it when he shouldn't have been playing and still producing every night to give this team a shot to win games. If anybody ever questions his leadership, heart or desire again, they should be tarred and feathered and strung up on the top of Stantec when it's completed.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He also lost considerable weight due to the illness which is still going to take time to get back. We all knew he was sick so It was unfortunate to occasionally hear the criticism of his play not being perfect. Kid is a kid as well.

I will say that similar illness profoundly impacted Toews, he was really sick with recurring flu, infections, virus for over a year and basically altered his total development. Toews is nowhere near the player he was before getting decimated with illness and might never be again.

We're very fortunate in that regard that McDavid is returning to health and not having such indeterminate diagnosis. One other thing is that Draisaitl coughs almost every interview I see him in. hockey is a real bad sport for infection, playing through it, etc. its really one of the worst sports regarding contracting and developing stubborn viruses. My guess is the entire team had much of what Connor had and have all been impacted to greater or lesser degrees. That happens. Hockey is like that, when a player gets sick it really spreads around.

Reactions: Laineux

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
He was probably playing with some a lot of medication to lower his symptoms. Not the best way to recover quickly for sure.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He was probably playing with some a lot of medication to lower his symptoms. Not the best way to recover quickly for sure.

Not sure how much of the good medication they can take due to drug testing and other regulations.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Kid's going to win the Masterton, Hart and hopefully a Cup all in one year while dealing with Irritable Bowl issues for 25 games of the season. That's my captain!

I'm still PO'd at the team doctor for letting this drag on, antibiotics and some lessons on hand washing/hygiene and I don't see how this should have lasted more than a week?? Maybe if Connor sat a few games to recover earlier we'd be leading the division right now.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Kid's going to win the Masterton, Hart and hopefully a Cup all in one year while dealing with Irritable Bowl issues for 25 games of the season. That's my captain!

I'm still PO'd at the team doctor for letting this drag on, antibiotics and some lessons on hand washing/hygiene and I don't see how this should have lasted more than a week?? Maybe if Connor sat a few games to recover earlier we'd be leading the division right now.
You do understand that high intensity exercise is not helpful for getting over a sickness.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible

Antibiotics don't fight viruses like colds and flu and considering they're coughing, spitting and sneezing everywhere it spreads like wildfire, just washing your hands won't do much, they'd need some surgical face masks too and even then they'll still probably spread and catch it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad