Hensick

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
He is now tied for 4th in NCAA Division 1 scoring with 32 points in 21 games. Haven't seen him live this year but I'm assuming he must be performing well since he leads Michigan in scoring despite missing games for the WJCs. Didn't have a great WJC but seemed to have limited ice time. Any way we could see this guy sneak into the 1st round? The second round? Since seeing him for the first time a few years ago I've felt that with his skills he would be able to rise above his small physical stature. So far so good.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
I like Hensick and I think he does have a shot at becoming a 2nd line center despite his size. I see him being an early 2nd rounder but he does have a chance at being a late 1st rounder. However, I will be surprised if he does as teams tend to shy away from taking smaller guys. Definitely should be gone by the end of the 2nd. If not some team is getting a steal.

Flin Flon

Jan 19, 2004
St. Paul, MN
I saw him November against the Gophers. He looked most dangerous in transition. When it slowed down, he looked lost. I realize that's common for freshman, but he needs to be more agressive in the zone to be successful. I see him as an early second round pick.

Funkymoses

Hensick has been lighting it up as of late, and consistently: he has a point or more in 17 of his 20 games. He got buried a little bit in the WJC and I think that has some people soured on him, but I think he's as good as Comrie and Cammalleri. He's probably closer to the Cammalleri type. This year he's been very consistently dangerous. Put the puck on his stick coming through the neutral zone and five seconds later you're set up in the offensive zone.

I think he could sneak into the end of the first round if he continues performing at the level he's been and starts playing better defense. He was benched against UW for his bad game against Minnesota. I think a lot will ride on how he performs this weekend against a tough OSU team and in the NCAA tournament. The CCHA is admittedly pretty weak this year and no one on Michigan played very well in the college hockey showcase.

espo*

The first i saw of him was at the world juniors and i was'nt terribly impressed.Only one tournament however playing on a team that was disorganized so a fella can only read so much into his play from that i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad