GDT: Hens vs Habs, time to get serious, Oct 1, 7:30PM (RDS2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008

From Garrioch on twitter, their lines and pairings this morning:

Michalek-Turris-Prince, MacArthur-Lazar-Stone, Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan and Chiasson-Smith-Neil and Greening-Pageau-Puempel.

Methot-Karlsson, Wiercioch-Ceci, Cowen-Wideman and Fraser-Borowiecki.

Anderson will start tonight. Hammond won't go. He tweaked a groin.

Turris, Prince, Michalek, Fraser and Karlsson are the scratches tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Before anyone asks

Hen commonly refers to a female animal: a chicken, other poultry, game bird, or lobster. It is also a slang term for a woman.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I had thought of another word, but it didn't rhyme with the name given to that thing that calls itself a team and that happens to play somewhere in a city I call home.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
With only two games left, we should be seeing full line up soon.

Who do you think will make the lineup for next game?

They have sent down quite a few players recently. Must be 13 forwards, 7 D, 2 goalies left with the big club.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/team/montreal-canadiens/transactions

When I check the Habs roster, they have C. Thomas on the roster, however above he is sent down. And no Fleischmann on the roster yet.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Notice Gallagher with the "A"!

They must be doing similar to last year, rotating two alternates with Max at "C".

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Before anyone asks

Hen commonly refers to a female animal: a chicken, other poultry, game bird, or lobster. It is also a slang term for a woman.

MS678y4.jpg

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
They have sent down quite a few players recently. Must be 13 forwards, 7 D, 2 goalies left with the big club.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/team/montreal-canadiens/transactions

When I check the Habs roster, they have C. Thomas on the roster, however above he is sent down. And no Fleischmann on the roster yet.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Notice Gallagher with the "A"!

They must be doing similar to last year, rotating two alternates with Max at "C".

Actually they have to cut it to 23 players.
So 14F 7D 2G or 13F 8D 2G

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Eller - Galchenyuk - Semin
Flynn - Plekanec - Gallagher
Fleischmann - Desharnais - Weise
DSP - Mitchell - Kassian

The real lines, minus Pacioretty.

Yeah this seems like the most logical choice. I am actual excited for this lineup. I think Bergevin did a good job this summer.

If I could make one change, it would be to swap Weise and Kassian. Although I do like the idea of having 2 big wingers on the 4th line. I hope we don't see a complacent Kassian.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Eller - Galchenyuk - Semin
Flynn - Plekanec - Gallagher
Fleischmann - Desharnais - Weise
DSP - Mitchell - Kassian

The real lines, minus Pacioretty.

So why have the kids hanging around if we aren't giving them a last look on thursday?
I think we've seen enough of Flynn and Barbario if truth be told.
Time to give Hudon a shot beside Plecky to see what we can see in a slightly ramped kind of way.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So why have the kids hanging around if we aren't giving them a last look on thursday?
I think we've seen enough of Flynn and Barbario if truth be told.
Time to give Hudon a shot beside Plecky to see what we can see in a slightly ramped kind of way.

Exactly. Hudon has potential and the point of pre-season is to at least witness the hypothetical of him on Plek's wing

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
Yeah this seems like the most logical choice. I am actual excited for this lineup. I think Bergevin did a good job this summer.

If I could make one change, it would be to swap Weise and Kassian. Although I do like the idea of having 2 big wingers on the 4th line. I hope we don't see a complacent Kassian.

Agreed. Kassian was on pace for 20 goals last season. I know Weise is an important part of the team, but we can't have a potential 20 goal scorer playing on the 4th line. Put him on the 3rd line and have him be a big guy in front of the net on the PP every now and again.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Before anyone asks

Who calls a women a hen? If chicks are girls, does that make a hen an old chick? Is it the opposite of a cougar?

Yes, I ask the tough questions in life.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Who calls a women a hen? If chicks are girls, does that make a hen an old chick? Is it the opposite of a cougar?

Yes, I ask the tough questions in life.
Don't know if it's the opposite of a cougar, but yes, I think a hen would be an old chick.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
I have a feeling that Flash won't be signed and that Hudon may be in his spot at LW. I haven't seen Flash do anything Hudon can't do and I think if they were going to sign him, they would have done it already.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
I have a feeling that Flash won't be signed and that Hudon may be in his spot at LW. I haven't seen Flash do anything Hudon can't do and I think if they were going to sign him, they would have done it already.

Flash Played well and has chemistry with DD why wouldn't they sign him? Hudon at this point doesn't have a chair. The 3rd line Flash - DD - Weise or Kassian.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Flash Played well and has chemistry with DD why wouldn't they sign him? Hudon at this point doesn't have a chair. The 3rd line Flash - DD - Weise or Kassian.

I'm having the same discussion in the Fleischmann thread so I think I'll just leave it there.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Just out of curiosity, why would Flynn be on the second line ahead of Kassian?

Because since the start of the camp it's been fairly obvious that Therrien has identified DSP-Mitchell-Kassian as the 4th line. Flynn is the 13th man, he's just there to fill the spot basically.

But yeah I did forget that Hudon is still here, he could definitely slide in as the 2nd line LW.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Because since the start of the camp it's been fairly obvious that Therrien has identified DSP-Mitchell-Kassian as the 4th line. Flynn is the 13th man, he's just there to fill the spot basically.

But yeah I did forget that Hudon is still here, he could definitely slide in as the 2nd line LW.

Can't see this happening given how well Eller has played with Chucky and Semin. Unless you think he'll take Patches spot until he gets healthy and then be sent back down to the AHL.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Us calling the Sens the Hens is as cool as the Bruins calling us the Scabs.

Brutal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce