Henrique receives final parting gift from Devils

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
It's not a secret to how tight the Devils were as a group and Henrique was a big part of that over the years. After the game today Kinkaid and the Devils gave Henrique a little parting gift before the holidays.

Back in 2016 Kinkaid had a contest to design his pads and Henrique submitted those bad boys. He's always ripping on his good friend little Gio and these pads are just another example. It's somewhat of an inside joke but it's also just flat out hilarious not to share. Here's the original tweet from Henrique way back when

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I thought it was that his team blew another 3rd period lead, but THIS TIME they didn't even get a point because they blew it in regulation.

Seriously though, that's pretty cool!

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Such a good guy, that Rico.

Glad he got his highlight reel goal. But also very glad we got the 2 pts.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Hahaha. I just love his reaction to it before he even pulls them out of the box. I can't believe these got made.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
And here's the tribute video the team made for Henrique, which also features a little Gio clip

@ 50 seconds "that's for Gio to stay in"

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Rico is probably one of the least hate-able players in the league. He's such a great guy off the ice, and a great player on it. But he's also a gritty player so he's not soft by any means. He's just one of the few players who have a real personality that fans love.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I can accept the fact that NJ is probably a better team after this trade, but damn do I miss Rico.

His goal last night was filthy.

Reactions: HBK27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad