Confirmed with Link: Henrik Sedin wins 2016 King Clancy Trophy

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Such a deserving, classy winner. Way to go, Hank. And thanks for not including Messier in your acceptance speech. Thank you so much.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Wow! I just watched this on youtube... Messier handed out the award, and with him standing right there Henrik named Kurtenbach, Smyl, Linden and Naslund as examples of captains to look up to in terms of what a good captain is off the ice.

Messier looked pissed! Beauty!:handclap:

Its quite funny and accurate really. How the city of Vancouver has essentially enacted Damnatio Memoriae on he who shall never be named. Not many outside knew how instrumental he was to our dysfunction then. Glad those Rogers commercials went away finally.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Wow! I just watched this on youtube... Messier handed out the award, and with him standing right there Henrik named Kurtenbach, Smyl, Linden and Naslund as examples of captains to look up to in terms of what a good captain is off the ice.

Messier looked pissed! Beauty!:handclap:

henrik, showing why he is the captain.

seriously though, wtf did messier ever do for our city that would merit him being mentioned there? he knows he didn't do spit for anyone.

JA

"Stan Smyl, Orland Kurtenbach, Trevor Linden, Markus Naslund really set the standard in our city for what we do off the ice and on the ice. I'm grateful to play in Vancouver and in the NHL, and I'm truly privileged."

Fantastic. Congrats, Henrik.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i am, however, a little disappointed that henrik didn't also add a shout out the wonderful contributions and example set by pat quinn, brian burke, dave nonis, and mike gillis, full stop.

and joking aside, and all due respect to orland and steamer, pat quinn did actually basically invent the communitarian tradition that henrik carries on. rip

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
i am, however, a little disappointed that henrik didn't also add a shout out the wonderful contributions and example set by pat Quinn, brian burke, dave nonis, and mike gillis, full stop.

and joking aside, and all due respect to orland and steamer, pat quinn did actually basically invent the communitarian tradition that henrik carries on. rip

I think Griffiths has to be mentioned as well, not sure there would be a Canucks Place without him, among other things.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I think Griffiths has to be mentioned as well, not sure there would be a Canucks Place without him, among other things.

oh definitely. quinn, linden, and the griffiths family did fantastic things together. such a shame that arthur... and changing economics... well it's a shame is all.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Its quite funny and accurate really. How the city of Vancouver has essentially enacted Damnatio Memoriae on he who shall never be named. Not many outside knew how instrumental he was to our dysfunction then. Glad those Rogers commercials went away finally.

It's always darkest before the dawn. Messier paved the way to the WCE era, and through his incredible acts of leadership and dysfunction helped us succeed so poorly that we were able to draft the current King Clancy winner and his brother.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad