Confirmed with Link: Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin & Roberto Luongo are 2022 inductees for the Hockey Hall of Fame

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
f***ing fantastic! Sedins changed the way the game was played. Luongo was absolutely dominant. Good synergy with the Sedins and Alfredsson both being long-time Captains of Canadian teams.

I never watch the HHOF inductions but I definitely will this time.

SUMMER OF CANUCK!

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Congrats to all the inductees, well deserved. I'm a little bit surprised that the Sedins got in this year, thought they may have to wait as there are other awesome players that has been waiting for a while, and this might be the year to get a couple of those guys in.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Congrats to all the inductees, well deserved. I'm a little bit surprised that the Sedins got in this year, thought they may have to wait as there are other awesome players that has been waiting for a while, and this might be the year to get a couple of those guys in.
I wonder if there is a bit of a make up call by the nhl for them not getting a good clean shot at the cup.

It would be interesting to see if star players find it easier to get nominated when they have not got cups compared to if they have, especially if they were the nhls chosen team when they won

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
The Sedins were always underappreciated, glad to see them as first ballot hall of famers here. Luongo is certainly deserving as the top goalie in the world for a prolonged period of time. Such a shame we couldn't win the cup with these three on our roster at the same time.

Not a fan of Alfredsson getting in, felt maybe Mogilny is more deserving there

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Extremely well deserved, put a huge smile on my face today. Until today I think there was maybe one (Bure) player inducted who went in as a Canuck - being able to quadruple that number with one class is awesome. Fantastic human beings on top of being world class players as well.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
love boeser, love petey, love hughes. but here's some context to three calder finalists:

1992-1994 we could. not. believe. it. vezina runner up/fourth place hart finalist kirk mclean + calder winner and goal scoring champ/100 pt scorer pavel bure. that was an embarrassment of riches the likes of which we'd never ever seen before.

in 2002-2003: hart runner up/art ross runner up markus naslund + third place in scoring/fifth in hart voting bertuzzi. again, unprecedented. those guys finishing 2, 3 in the scoring race was unbelievable.

but 2007-2011: henrik won a hart trophy and daniel and luongo both finished second. henrik and daniel won art rosses. luongo lost the vezina in just about the tightest race ever, to the winningest goalie of all time in the winningest goaltending season of all time.

that'll be unsurpassable until a canuck wins the conn smythe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad