Henrik Sedin Appreciation

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
Sigh, my post got deleted, my fault for responding to the troll though. I am reposting my edit because I think it adds something.

Henrik Sedin became my favourite player this playoff. Not only did he raise his game he also stood out because of his class. One incident in particular really stood out to me. The team had just lost game 5 and were exiting the ice. A little girl had her hand stuck out hoping as the players walked through the tunnel someone would acknowledge her in some way. Every canuck ignored her except for Henrik Sedin. He stopped and gave her his stick. This showed me that even though his was disappointed he still thought of the fans.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Sigh, my post got deleted, my fault for responding to the troll though. I am reposting my edit because I think it adds something.

Henrik Sedin became my favourite player this playoff. Not only did he raise his game he also stood out because of his class. One incident in particular really stood out to me. The team had just lost game 5 and were exiting the ice. A little girl had her hand stuck out hoping as the players walked through the tunnel someone would acknowledge her in some way. Every canuck ignored her except for Henrik Sedin. He stopped and gave her his stick. This showed me that even though his was disappointed he still thought of the fans.

Hank is all class. The stories we heard from the LA and Dallas fans a few pages back, and this...just wow. He's like a Swedish Trevor Linden.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Amazing player. Amazing captain and an even better human being.

I would be absolutely devastated if he and his brother do not:

1) Win a cup as Canucks
2) Retire as Canucks

One day we're going to look back on the Sedin era of the team and realize just how lucky we are to have had both of them.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'm not going to make several posts in here given this is a thread specifically to praise Hank. All I'll say is that he was outplayed by the Kings captain, but he did show me more than last year and more than I thought we'd get. Loved his hit in Brown in game 4.

yapperface

Bo Knows
Jan 22, 2010
British Columbia
I'm not going to make several posts in here given this is a thread specifically to praise Hank. All I'll say is that he was outplayed by the Kings captain, but he did show me more than last year and more than I thought we'd get. Loved his hit in Brown in game 4.

Man, if you're copping to it, then he definitely did well! :amazed:

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Henrik was fired up, he was playing like a boss all series. Too bad nobody else was, but it was still an impressive performance.

larsmark

Aug 30, 2005
Örnsköldsvik
Amazing player. Amazing captain and an even better human being.

I would be absolutely devastated if he and his brother do not:

1) Win a cup as Canucks
2) Retire as Canucks

One day we're going to look back on the Sedin era of the team and realize just how lucky we are to have had both of them.
My guess is that they will never play for any other NHL team. But they have stated several times that they want to come back and play for MODO before they are too old and suck. Which I am hoping for is in the end of this contract in two years.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hard to believe Hank is only 8 games away from 900 in the NHL and as a Canuck...where does the time go?

If all goes well next year, he'll also become the first Canuck to eclipse the 800 point mark. (currently at 747)

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
Don't know if anyone noticed but when the nucks were leaving the ice after being eliminated Henrik was the only one to give his stick to a fan.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Don't know if anyone noticed but when the nucks were leaving the ice after being eliminated Henrik was the only one to give his stick to a fan.

i noticed that. kid's hand was hanging over the glass and everyone else on the team walks by with their heads down ignoring the kid after the tough loss (which is totally understandable). hank hands the kid his stick.

it was discussed in the PGT for game 5, and i believe has been mentioned earlier in this thread too.

wholesickcrew

May 7, 2010
Toronto
My guess is that they will never play for any other NHL team. But they have stated several times that they want to come back and play for MODO before they are too old and suck. Which I am hoping for is in the end of this contract in two years.

I'm hoping they can win the Cup and go back to Sweden to give back to the community there, and to do it while they can still play. That is, unless people continue to be as hard on the Sedins as they are in the Olympics thread posted above... then we'll just be happy to keep them.

Henrik's been my favourite Canuck for quite some time now, and it's good to see him get more recognition.

TheLastSedin

Sep 18, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
Henrik became my favourite player as soon as he lost Daniel to an injury. He stepped up as a leader and a top playmaker in the west to become MVP. Now under torts splitting the brothers up, Henrik is rising to the occasion again.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Henrik was insane in the LA series. I was so happy that he elevated his game to another level. If he had done that in the SCF, the results may have been different. However, in the sj series a year later, I didn't see that same elevated play. Hopefully Tortz can get Henrik and/or Daniel to elevate their game in the playoffs consistently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad