Henrik Sedin’s goal to assist ratio

wired14

Jan 28, 2008
I was looking at some stats today and I noticed Henrik’s goal to assist ratio was just ridiculous. He currently has 3 goals and 43 assists, meaning only 6.5% of his points are goals. That would be crazy even for a defenceman, let alone a forward.

Has there been a lower total for a forward in recent memory? Also I know he is more of a playmaker but why is he not scoring?

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I was looking at some stats today and I noticed Henrik’s goal to assist ratio was just ridiculous. He currently has 3 goals and 43 assists, meaning only 6.5% of his points are goals. That would be crazy even for a defenceman, let alone a forward.

Has there been a lower total for a forward in recent memory? Also I know he is more of a playmaker but why is he not scoring?

He prefers to pass, even when there's open opportunities to shoot.

Even when there's an empty net in front of him, he would rather pass it to a random team-mate.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
shooting was never his strength, even his shooting skills is not the best. We are not joking when some say junior pro players have a better shot then him.

Reactions: Nucky101

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
When I followed the Canucks a lot when I lived in Van on and off for 6 years with my ex I remember him always being that way. I remember thinking why the leading point scorer in the league isn't in the shootouts but if you watch enough you could see his shot was always average but his ability to find an open guy was always levels ahead of everyone. He's the Stockton/Kidd/Nash of the NHL. They could all score but they were always about getting their teammates in the best position to score and be more about the team then themselves. That's Hank.

Reactions: Runforthecup

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
Punched a bunch of likes on this thread. When I coached peewees close to fifty years ago, after a goal when the boys came to the bench we would always compliment the guy who made the assist. (the parents would always go overboard on the scorer). I like to think our team was better for our attitude.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
It took Roman Polak being scratched for Henrik Sedin to score more goals than him. What a crazy world.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He prefers to pass, even when there's open opportunities to shoot.

Even when there's an empty net in front of him, he would rather pass it to a random team-mate.

His career points ratio is about 25% goals and 75% assists. This season is incredibly skewed.

He's never really shot the puck, even to generate a rebound.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
In his prime he could score when up to task. Remember when Daniel was out for a long period. Henrik even admitted that he should shoot more often even after Daniel returned. But it never carried out.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Was just looking up the Sedins draft year and found that there's atleast one player in all 9 rounds of that draft to have played atleast 110 NHL games. And 8/9 rounds there's atleast one player to have played 250 NHL games.

Neat.

Oct 18, 2011
This is not a sacasm
His current shooting ability is ECHL level
imagine being a Ducks fan, watching Getzlaf, who does have an incredible shot, and he just so often refuses to shoot, if he had more of a shooting mentality he could score 30-40 goals regularly but....he doesn't think the game that way

Reactions: Leonhard Euler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad