Confirmed with Link: Henrik Samuelsson traded to Edmonton Oilers for F Mitchell Moroz

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Sad to see Samuelsson go, but he tumbled down the depth chart the past few years. Hope he can turn it around.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
All about giving Samuellson a chance with another org. He hasn't been the same since the injury. At this point he was definitely expansion material and likely not to be re-signed. Moroz hopefully is a better fit in a bottom 6 role in A. Physical beast.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Take a poor skater like Hank and throw in a bad ankle injury and he was pretty much toast. Waiver fodder at this point. Appeared to be doing nothing in Tucson.

This is a lot like the Peters trade. If this guy from the Oilers can offer something to help Tucson in the playoffs - at least more than Hank - then it helps.

Enough small ball by Chayka though. Let's move out Hanzal, Stone, and Vrbata.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Thread on the EDM board has devolved to discussing a sex act Hank allegedly performed on a limo with some high school kids.

Another head scratcher of a trade. Maybe Moroz is good. Hopefully.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Thread on the EDM board has devolved to discussing a sex act Hank allegedly performed on a limo with some high school kids.

Guessing that was when he was with the Oil Kings and possibly in high school himself?

And it sounds like Moroz will help the Roadrunners on a playoff run. People who follow the Roadrunners more closely than I do look to be happy about the moves. Start a winning culture in the AHL and hope it moves up to the NHL.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
This is mostly amusing to me because I always thought one of the teams would eventually try to reunite these two, and instead they are traded for each other. Similar players. My guess is we didn't intend to resign HSam, so this is more of a page turn and an audition to see if we might want to sign Moroz.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Perhaps the Oilers will add Lazar now. He needs a trade out of Ottawa. 1 point this year in like 25 games.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Moroz was quite a bull in junior. Had he been good enough at fighting as a pro to make it as an NHL enforcer?

I just think Moroz better fills a role in bottom 6 for a AHL playoff run. Moroz was a physical beast in W. he was always a project pick.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Funny how the pick we all panned in the 2012 draft was Martinook and he's established himself as a really good NHL player.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm glad that the organizations have a good relationship so that they can offer second chances and change of scenery trades to their player who aren't panning out the way they were projected.

2Sedins0Cups

Clever ain't wise.
Jul 29, 2013
Edmonton

For the record it was due to a grammatical error, not because he actually performed said act. Just to be clear. And fair to Hank.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
A friend of mine's kid played minor hockey with Martinook. Just yesterday he was saying to me again how shocked everyone is that he was the kid who made it to the NHL, was never the best kid at any age growing up but kept moving forward while the others dropped off. Determination can't be measured.
Funny how the pick we all panned in the 2012 draft was Martinook and he's established himself as a really good NHL player.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Man, I had hopes for Samuelsson.....watched him play (as a member of the Oil Kings) against the London Knights for the Memorial Cup, and remembered what a beast he was.

As mentioned above, he just got surpassed in the depth pool.....good luck to him.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
A friend of mine's kid played minor hockey with Martinook. Just yesterday he was saying to me again how shocked everyone is that he was the kid who made it to the NHL, was never the best kid at any age growing up but kept moving forward while the others dropped off. Determination can't be measured.

Determination, plus development timeline can be different for different people. Some 18 yr old studs are ready for the NHL, while some (even 3rd overall picks) need more time.

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Funny how everyone was arguing he still had a shot after a horrendous last season, even got more votes than Dauphin in the prospect voting.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Hope he recovers from the injury. Concern at pro level was foot speed, and ankle surgery doesn't help.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

So, so true. It's amazing how many kids get burnt out along the way. Sometimes the best players just don't feel like playing anymore.

I played with a few guys who were drafted, went to D1, or major jr. and probably the most talented player I ever played with quit at the age of 15. I swear if he kept playing he would have been a lock to be in the NHL.

Makes you wonder about all the "could have beens".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad