Value of: Henrik Lundqvist

kingdoughty

Jan 10, 2009
Last time I came here for value of Alec Martinez and you guys were spot on. Henrik has two years left at 8.5 million, and with two solid 24 year olds in the pipe Rangers could clearly use the cap dump. I imagine they would have to retain at least 20% of that salary in order to move him. Considering he has a no move clause, where do you guys think Henrik would be willing to go to, and who would want him? What kind of return would he bring?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Idk does Carolina really think Mrazek/Reimer is going to get them anywhere? San Jose clearly needs a goalie, that could be a decent landing spot for him in the offseason to buy them some time to find their goalie of the future. We would have to retain the full 50% of course.

Maybe in Washington as a 1b/mentor to Samsonov once they lose Holtby to free agency?

I dont know if Lundqvist wants to play for another team though. I think he is content with his legacy and being a career Ranger is more important than Cup chasing. Tampa is also another obvious answer but I think that any cap space they do can be better spent than on a $4 million backup.

I would have no expectations about getting anything of value for him, maybe to the point we would actually have to give up an asset to dump his contract even at 50%.

I hope he just retires after this year to save himself the embarrassment of being bought out.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Idk does Carolina really think Mrazek/Reimer is going to get them anywhere? San Jose clearly needs a goalie, that could be a decent landing spot for him in the offseason to buy them some time to find their goalie of the future. We would have to retain the full 50% of course.

Maybe in Washington as a 1b/mentor to Samsonov once they lose Holtby to free agency?

I dont know if Lundqvist wants to play for another team though. I think he is content with his legacy and being a career Ranger is more important than Cup chasing. Tampa is also another obvious answer but I think that any cap space they do can be better spent than on a $4 million backup.

I would have no expectations about getting anything of value for him, maybe to the point we would actually have to give up an asset to dump his contract even at 50%.

I hope he just retires after this year to save himself the embarrassment of being bought out.

If he gets bought out he could play in Vegas for 30 games a season to give us a more reliable backup and try to get a Cup! No rivalry at all between the teams and he can keep Lady Liberty on his mask because there's a replica about 250 feet from the stadium at the NY/NY!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He could get bought out & sign with several teams, or maybe traded in the summer to Washington at 50% if Holtby leaves.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
He has full NTC with no desire to play anywhere else. So he has zero trade value.

Furthermore, there is no contender for which he would be an upgrade anyway. He's an ordinary goalie at best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad