Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist - Vascular Injury, Out At Least Three Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Not to mention, with something like this I assume the majority of the concern is preventing further complications. With how well the team and Talbot are playing there is no incentive to be anything other than ridiculously cautious. No reason to take any risks.

I remember seeing a tweet saying the injury was due to his head snapping back, not because of the puck hitting him/damage to veins? If that was the case, surely they had to look back over things and reevaluate going forward. Doubt they'd want to release all these statements saying "Oh it was a vascula--no it's a muscle str--no wait, it's.." and just leave it at he's being evaluated.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Rangers are usually very tight lipped about injuries. He's probably getting evaluated close to every day. We just never hear about it because Rongos.

Kind of doubt he's getting evaluated every day. Unless someone invented something new I don't see how they can check on the status of a blood vessel without some kind of radiation using machine.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Kind of doubt he's getting evaluated every day. Unless someone invented something new I don't see how they can check on the status of a blood vessel without some kind of radiation using machine.

Didnt he say doctors were constantly checking him? I'm not saying they're blasting him with radiation every day, but I wouldnt be surprised if he's meeting with doctors quite often

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Didnt he say doctors were constantly checking him? I'm not saying they're blasting him with radiation every day, but I wouldnt be surprised if he's meeting with doctors quite often

So what you're saying is, this is all just a cover story and the Rangers are blasting Henrik with radiation daily in hopes that he develops super powers? Additionally, James Dolan has already sold the movie rights to Hollywood, and he intends to use the proceeds to pay MSL under the table, thus relieving any potential cap crunch? I gotta say, that's a hell of a plan.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Pierre McGuire was on the radio this morning, said he spoke the Rangers last Weds vs Detroit. They are expecting Henrik back before the end of the season, about 10 days before... expected get a few games in before the playoffs.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
So what you're saying is, this is all just a cover story and the Rangers are blasting Henrik with radiation daily in hopes that he develops super powers? Additionally, James Dolan has already sold the movie rights to Hollywood, and he intends to use the proceeds to pay MSL under the table, thus relieving any potential cap crunch? I gotta say, that's a hell of a plan.

I'm in favor of clone Henrik like 7 times and hope one of the little lundqvists is as good as he is

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Pierre McGuire was on the radio this morning, said he spoke the Rangers last Weds vs Detroit. They are expecting Henrik back before the end of the season, about 10 days before... expected get a few games in before the playoffs.

Now that is a little scary. Only a few games before the playoffs is not ideal at all.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007

Oh lovely, so he's missing another 15 games.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Link for the interview or a transcript of it?

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I'm not gonna stress about this right now. When he is back he is back.Hopefully he is back by the playoffs. At some point we have to start looking ahead to who we may play in the first round of the playoffs, and then will see.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Well honestly the way things are going Pierre is probably right. They have been so hush hush on the whole thing, they wont even tell us about doctor visits.

Pierre is pretty well respected in the hockey world so someone probably did leak something to him. He's not one to start bull****ing about injuries.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
The guy on NBC a the other night (Bob Mckenzie?) didn't even know if the injury was healing. They don't know ****

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Thankfully Talbot is a capable backup even if he has some rough games, and the Rangers are a good enough team to overcome losing their starter for a bit. A team like Montreal would be in pretty big trouble if Price went down like this

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
Guess the team is the only one that knows for sure; I just think that with the acquisition of Yandle, they know Hank will back and ready to go (in game-shape) for the start of the playoffs...

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Ive said all along i epxect hank back palm sunday....march 29th vs capitals. That would be 8 weeks out. Thats still my goal, and would give him 7-8 games to get back into the swing of things. Fully confident he will be in shape, the fact he will be more rested than hes ever been in for the playoffs seems like a benefit to me.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
We're lucky to have a solid backup who gets better each game, instead of scrambling to find goal tending to keep us afloat before the playoffs. I want Hank back as much as anyone, but it's nice to have the freedom to let him fully recover.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Thankfully Talbot is a capable backup even if he has some rough games, and the Rangers are a good enough team to overcome losing their starter for a bit. A team like Montreal would be in pretty big trouble if Price went down like this

A few rough games, but he's had a hell of a season overall. His stats are Lundqvist-Esque.

If anything, Talbot isn't getting the recognition he deserves.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Ive said all along i epxect hank back palm sunday....march 29th vs capitals. That would be 8 weeks out. Thats still my goal, and would give him 7-8 games to get back into the swing of things. Fully confident he will be in shape, the fact he will be more rested than hes ever been in for the playoffs seems like a benefit to me.

i agree that the rest will be a great blessing, however, since hank is such a slow starter during the regular season and usually by seasons end, he is in 95-100% beast mode........i think all this time off will cost him some of that focus and rhythm that he normally has when it comes to seasons end and the playoffs begin......

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
i agree that the rest will be a great blessing, however, since hank is such a slow starter during the regular season and usually by seasons end, he is in 95-100% beast mode........i think all this time off will cost him some of that focus and rhythm that he normally has when it comes to seasons end and the playoffs begin......

He's also extremely exhausted at the end of the year and running on fumes in the playoffs. He won't be off his game. I don't know what perpetuates such non-sense when it comes to a professional athlete who has been playing this game at the highest level for the past 15 years.

He's been working on the ice for the past 3 weeks now, all he has to do is face shots in practice and get some scrimmages under his belt, and he will be ready for actual games.

This is what he does, and what he has always done. Coming back from the offseason is completely different. You haven't sniffed ice, or seen pucks in two months. Couldn't be more different from what is going on right now.

Top_Scorah19

Sep 4, 2006
They need him back early to ease him in the games..and not let him play the final 8 games all in a row. It could also tire him out before playoffs.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They need him back early to ease him in the games..and not let him play the final 8 games all in a row. It could also tire him out before playoffs.

I agree and it's a bit puzzling that they would give up quite a bit to win it all with probably their most important piece not coming back until final week of regular season. Feel that's a bit too risky and hope he's back at least 2-3 weeks before regular seasons end.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He's also extremely exhausted at the end of the year and running on fumes in the playoffs. He won't be off his game. I don't know what perpetuates such non-sense when it comes to a professional athlete who has been playing this game at the highest level for the past 15 years.

He's been working on the ice for the past 3 weeks now, all he has to do is face shots in practice and get some scrimmages under his belt, and he will be ready for actual games.

This is what he does, and what he has always done. Coming back from the offseason is completely different. You haven't sniffed ice, or seen pucks in two months. Couldn't be more different from what is going on right now.

I hear what you're saying but lets not forget the playoffs are gonna be an entirely different animal. I'm not questioning hanks ability to rise to high pressure situations just saying it would be nice to get him some real game time for 5-10 games before playoffs start. No room for error especially if we have to play a Boston, Washington or even islanders in first round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad