Henrik Lundqvist - Does he make the HoF?

Does Henrik Lundqvist make the HoF?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Yes, maybe not on first vote, but he will get in.

His international resume should be mentioned.

He’s been a fantastic playoff goalie and would’ve won a cup with better teams. A win percentage of .500 is actually quite impressive for a non-cup winner.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
WAR in hockey is practically useless stat though.
I don't think so for goalies. I think it should be fairly accurate for goaltenders because of the nature of the position, at least compared to skaters.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Nope. He's been very, very good but I think he's just not quite there.

Checks our Lundqvist's resume.

Actually, I change my mind (and vote). I think he does get in. His resume is actually pretty impressive.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I don't think so for goalies. I think it should be fairly accurate for goaltenders because of the nature of the position, at least compared to skaters.

Why? I'm legitimately curious. It's probably easier to calculate for goalies than it is for skaters.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Why? I'm legitimately curious. It's probably easier to calculate for goalies than it is for skaters.
I would guess that it's much more accurate to just calculate how much above replacement a goaltender saves shots based on shot location and shot type. It should even out over a large sample size to be fairly accurate. Lundqvist has always been incredible in goals saved above average.

For skaters though it's much more difficult to come up with a definite way of calculating just how much they impacted the game. It changes from an individual position to a team game.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I would guess that it's much more accurate to just calculate how much above replacement a goaltender saves shots based on shot location and shot type. It should even out over a large sample size to be fairly accurate. Lundqvist has always been incredible in goals saved above average.

For skaters though it's much more difficult to come up with a definite way of calculating just how much they impacted the game. It changes from an individual position to a team game.

I tend to agree. Although even if goalie as a position is sort of like a hybrid of individual sport and team sport.

Where did you get the WAR statistics? I know one place only and for skaters those numbers are extremely whacky.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Normally I'd say cups count for a lot, but his playoffs stats are nuts so it's not like there's much more he could've done.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
From 2006-2015 the lowest he placed in Vezina voting was 6th, twice. He was a finalist 5 times, including the time he won. That's amazing consistency.

He will likely retire without a ring but he still has the Gold Medal and the distinction of being the top goalie for about a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad