Henrik Karlsson Traded to the Chicago Blackhawks

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It is puzzling why he wasn't claimed and then traded for. I almost wonder if the GM's have some kind of gentleman's agreement to not claim certain players in certain situations.

Anyways, best of luck to HK!

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
It is puzzling why he wasn't claimed and then traded for. I almost wonder if the GM's have some kind of gentleman's agreement to not claim certain players in certain situations.

Anyways, best of luck to HK!

He would of had to stay on Chicagos roster for 30 days IIRC if he was claimed on waivers.

fallsviewafro*

Noooo!!! 1-21-2013 never forget

CT-2.gif

kirant

Kiprusoffarian
Dec 2, 2011
Good move for all parties. Karlsson needs a new home after being the odd man out here, Chicago needs a goalie, Calgary needs picks still.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Yea I was confused as to why he wasn't claimed. But I'll take it considering we couldn't find anyone to loan him to.

See yea later backup nobody.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Props to Feaster for actually getting a pick for Karlsson. Either GMs have engaged in some serious Collusion, or Chicago management has gone off their rocker

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Props to Feaster for actually getting a pick for Karlsson. Either GMs have engaged in some serious Collusion, or Chicago management has gone off their rocker

Emery **** the bed last night so if he can't find his game Karlsson is an option and now unlike when Karlsson was on waivers he doesn't have to stay on Chicago's roster and doesn't have to pass through waivers again. It's really a good move for both teams.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I'm pretty sure there's some collusion going on as well. Is a 7th rounder worth that option? Seriously, Chicago could've waived Karlsson afterwards given that Karlsson cleared already. There was interest for him if a team took him, otherwise a future consideration could've been handed out.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
No collusion, the move makes sense for both teams. 7th rounders are nearly worthless, so Chicago isn't giving up much anyways.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm pretty sure there's some collusion going on as well. Is a 7th rounder worth that option? Seriously, Chicago could've waived Karlsson afterwards given that Karlsson cleared already. There was interest for him if a team took him, otherwise a future consideration could've been handed out.

We waived Karlsson with not enough time for a team to pick him up unless they had a player that could skip waivers and would have to spend the start of the year in the AHL since they would need a full day to waive a roster player and there wasn't time for that before the roster deadline, Chicago didn't have said player meaning they couldn't pick up a player on waivers it is the reason Feaster felt ok putting both on waivers as very few teams had an option at them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad