Help with some trading - Konecny/Barzal/Schenn

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Hey there,

Just wondering if people would give their thoughts.
Have a keeper league which scores:
Goals
Assists
+/-
PIMS
PPP
Blocks
Hits

I have someone wanting to trade me Barzal and is either keen on Konecny or Brayden Schenn and he will give me a draft pick too.

How do people see Konecny vs Barzal's games over the next 5 years?
Also does anyone think Schenns year last year was a career year?

Love some feedback :)

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I would do that in a heartbeat. Barzal and a pick? For Konency? Hell yeah. I like Schenn despite the down year, but would still do it to get MB and pick.

Reactions: Portable Mink

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I'd flip Konecny for Barzal in a heartbeat. Any added return in terms of draft picks to you is a bonus.

For comparison, I'm including 2 screenshots. 1 is my league's yahoo scoring comparison to date, the other is the projected remainder of the season on yahoo. Granted, my pool counts SHP instead of +/-, so there is some homework for you to do.

As you can see, Barzal is favoured to outproduce Konecny across the board offensively. Barzal will be on the PP1 unit for the Isles for the next 5 years, Konecny isn't a given on the PP1 for the next few years until Couts, Giroux, Voracek and Ghost are no longer considered preferable options. He's also got to compete with JVR, Simmonds and Patrick for the final place on the 1st PP unit. Though, Konecny does hold the edge for hits and Blocks with PIMs being essentially a wash.

Schenn may have slightly lower upside than Konecny over the next 5 years, but will out produce Konecny's peripherals by a significant margin while producing 50+ pts.

Screenshot_20181217-200023_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg
Screenshot_20181217-200033_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg

Reactions: Portable Mink

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Barzal is a 70 point forward on a bad team that sees power play time. Do you need to ask?

Reactions: zaqq

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Thanks guys :) really appreciate it. I saw girioux come from nowhere with similar stats to konecny. And with the hitting was a bit scared of really losing out but right now it’s the money play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad