Help Ol' Paxon With Hockey Bookmarks

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
A couple weeks ago I began work on a streamlined thread Woodhouse and some others discussed. It will incorporate cap/assets, prospect/player index, and other types of useful information in a single thread through a series of top posts. The idea is to keep the information in one place and push discussion to more specific areas, such as utilizing the individual threads for each prospect.

TL;DR my computer died. I lost the work I'd started but more aggravatingly I lost all of my bookmarks. When I get to it I can put the hard drives in a working desktop and recover everything, but I'd really like to get this thread up before free agency. In order to do that I need to recollect all the reference sources I use for the cap and player info tables. I was also going to make an appendix of resources.

Please dump any of the following in here:
- Capgeek replacement sites
- Any stats site, especially advanced stats sites, whether specific to a league or not
- Sites that track draft holding information
- Good news/blog sources
- Anything else you might think relevant

I remember most of them but I know I'm forgetting a few that will be useful.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Adding to Paxon's OP, we had been planning on reworking the assets thread for the 2015-16 season, so we're open to suggestions here. The aim is to hit two birds with one stone here and eliminate a sticky or two. As a rough example, below's a format/index I pulled from an old PM, but never implemented.

# | Player Discussion | Pos. | Playing Status | 2014-15 | 2015-16 | 2016-17 | 2017-18 | Expiry | Twitter | Misc. Threads
| |
G
|
LBI, Mar 18
|
$1,250,000
|
UFA
|
-
|
-
| | |
-

|
Christian Ehrhoff
|
D
|
Concussion, Apr 13
|
$4,000,000
|
$4,000,000
|
$4,000,000
|
$4,000,000
| | |
Recapture

| |
F
|
Healthy
|
$894,167
|
$894,167
|
RFA
|
-
| | |

I'd suggest at least four posts/tables to lead this open thread -- under contract, prospects, futures, staff & media, etc. -- so spit-balling on a few column ideas:
  • Jersey numbers -- not highest priority, probably will omit that column
  • Player Discussion or Prospect Info thread
  • Position
  • Team -- abbreviation changes as they're reassigned but links to game log
  • Health -- notes injury or scratch and date, if any; add link; could scrap injury sticky with that implementation
  • Season -- cap hit for 2015-16 to 2018-19; if not under contract, when rights expire
  • Expiry -- rfa/ufa, year, link to capgeek err generalfanager
  • Twitter -- handle link; scraps that sticky; not a high priority either
  • Misc. Threads -- optional; link to a FAQ, like buyout details for Hodgson
  • Additional prospect column ideas -- bio/stat link, team website/newspaper, google search, tagged Baker articles, etc.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
It's nice to have you back and active Woodhouse. And Keep up the good work Pax. Both of your work is much appreciated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad