Help needed

erzgruener

Feb 2, 2013
Hi!

I am playercards collector from Austria. During the lockout Corey Potter player in Austria for the Vienna Capitals. Now a playercard of Corey Potter was produced and I would really appreciate to get it signed by him. Would somebody of These boards help me, or has somebody what I could do to get it signed?

Thank you!

Kevotron

Jan 24, 2008
Edmonton
Glad as of tomorrow the penny would be out of circulation, which means this card won't be sold in Canada :)

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
An international Cory Potter fan :scared:

I guess you would have have someone get him to sign it and ship it, that or wait till the off season when he comes back to play for the 13-14 season

erzgruener

Feb 2, 2013
I really would appreciate if somebody could get the card signed for me. When I go through these boards, I realize that he is not the most popular player. He did well in Austria. Which might come with the lack of class in our league.

So if somebody would help me, please send me a PM.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
I'd happily help you out, but I don't live in Edmonton.

And hey, Potter is just fine as a #7 d-man in this league, which speaks to the fact that he's still a world class player, so I don't blame you for wanting his autograph. I'm sure he'd be thrilled to do it! In fact, now that I think of it, you should contact the Oilers Director of Public Relations and see if the team would be willing to get the card signed for you.

That said, if the team can't help you out, you might be waiting for a while-- NHL players are GODS in Edmonton, even Corey Potter. So it takes quite a bit of patience, luck, and perseverance to get signatures. So I'd say your best bet would be reaching out to the team first.

Kevotron

Jan 24, 2008
Edmonton
I'd happily help you out, but I don't live in Edmonton.

And hey, Potter is just fine as a #7 d-man in this league, which speaks to the fact that he's still a world class player, so I don't blame you for wanting his autograph. I'm sure he'd be thrilled to do it! In fact, now that I think of it, you should contact the Oilers Director of Public Relations and see if the team would be willing to get the card signed for you.

That said, if the team can't help you out, you might be waiting for a while-- NHL players are GODS in Edmonton, even Corey Potter. So it takes quite a bit of patience, luck, and perseverance to get signatures. So I'd say your best bet would be reaching out to the team first.

Corey Potter is my god.......in a post apocalyptic non hockey world:sarcasm:

erzgruener

Feb 2, 2013
@horseradish

Thx for your suggestion. When he was in Austria, I asked him how to get the card signed. He told me that i should send the card to the Oilers. They will pass it on to him and he or the Oilers would send it back.

I will try to send the card to the Oilers and hopefully I will get it back signed one day. Still I hope to find some collector or fan helping me out.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I think the twitter suggestion is the best bet. We'd love to help you, but we don't have access to the team. Tweet Potter and the Oilers or e-mail the team, if you don;t have twitter. http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=33796

Like Potter suggested, your best bet is to mail it to the team and they will give it to him to sign and send back.

I'm sure he'd be super flattered and return it quickly.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Is there really nobody from Edmonton who is willing to help me?
I'm not sure what anyone here could do. Either way you'd be sending it to Edmonton, wouldn't you?

As others have said, best bet is to send it to the Oilers. It shouldn't take too long.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Hey ezg,

Do you have Twitter? Or Facebook? Cuz I think it would actually be pretty cool to see a photo or scan of the card. Would you be willing to post it online and share it with us in here? Or just post it in here, at the very least. I'd love to see it, truth be told.

Good luck!

erzgruener

Feb 2, 2013
So I will send the card to Oilers. In Austria we can easily attend trainings and have a chat with the players. I wasn't aware of it, but of course, the NHL is a completely different world..

Thanks for your suggestions anyway. Twitter doesn't seem to be the best bet so far. I'll see.

Last edited:

randylahey

Jul 18, 2007
Obviously there is risk involved sending the card, and I can't say on the Oilers front as I'm from Edmonton and never tried, but I used to write players on other teams when I was little, and almost always received something back. If I were you, I'd address an envelope to the Oilers office addressed to Corey Potter c/o Edmonton Oilers and whatever the address is of their office. Also put a self addressed envelope with paid postage. I always found that increased the odds of a reply.

erzgruener

Feb 2, 2013
image.jpg

I will try and send the card to the Oilers. I am not sure how to get the postage paid in Austria for an self addressed envelope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad