Help needed: Anyone ever DIY their own floor door yourself before?

Brad Chadwick

Jan 16, 2017
I had some unwelcome guests in the last few weeks an I kinda expects a couple more so was thinking of putting in a floor door for a couple reasons:

1. Sneak out so I can circle round and catch offsguard anyone who comes to the normal doors trying to mess around

2. Hide some stuff that I normally would keep in the closet or the attic or my storage locker or the bus station lockers

I'm pretty handy if I have time to practice with the right tools and can get any tool I need from around the neighborhood or some of the vans next door to my work, so be specific an I'm sure I can figure it out.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
AoZ7p.gif

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
He had them underground
They came out the hole lookin round
Like a bunch of Punxsutawney Phils
And I said, "Nathan, is this for reals?!"

Brad Chadwick

Jan 16, 2017
Well I guess I'll try n be more specific about my needs for this floor door?

Floor door is so i can exit/enter in case something is funny going on also needs to be at least 4ft X 6ft so i can fit a safe down into the crawspace if i need to. THis might be a problem because the beams under the floor where i want the door to be need to get moved or maybe i can sister some beams around it? Uncle coming over today with some car jacks so we can support the floor around where I'm cutting - already got a circular saw and some wood and some bolts, gonna custom build the actual door.

PS this is not a permitted project so i don't have to worry about code and chit becuase i will just undo what we done once i gotta sell this place!

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
My guess is OP is either smuggling people or drugs or is filthy rich.

Scratch that...he's a kidnapper. And the safe is for ransom money I bet.

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
I was outside cuttin' up bike tires with my grandson, when out of nowhere
Forty hundred police vehicles came bookin' (Came bookin')
They went busted up in that weird old white dude's house
He had a cult up in there
White dudes hold the record for creepy crimes
But females are strong as hell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad