Help me out in a keeper Hockey Pool... Dahlin or Pettersson?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
OK, my keeper hockey pool draft is tonight and I need help. I have the 1st OA pick. Who do you take? Dahlin or Pettersson?

- 6 keeper pool. I'm protecting Price, Murray, Burns, Subban, Laine, Radulov.

- Scoring categories are Goals, Assists, Points, Hits, Shots, PP and SH points, +/-.

- Guys like Patch, ROR, E Kane, RNH are available after everybody sets their 6 keepers. 12 teams in our keeper hockey pool that's been going on for 15 years ish. I pick 1st and don't pick again till 24.

Dahlin or Pettersson? Who and Why?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pettersson.
Why?
He's a forward on a team badly needing offense, they will use him a lot.

I'm leaning towards Pettersson as well. Dahlin will be good but look how long it took Hedman to get to his level. After last night's goal that Pettersson scored, I'm believing the hype.

Pettersson helps this year and for future years. Not sure what kind of year Dahlin will have. The issue here is it's not just about points. Hits, +/-, Shots, PP points, SH points needs to be factored in.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Two other players I am considering over Pettersson.... check out the player by player scoring categories. If any of you are not in a hockey pool like this, get in on one. You get a good feel for players value beyond just goals and assists. The measuring factor is how below Pettersson is from these levels this year and how much better he can be beyond this season? I don't see Pettersson getting much hits.

mWzkCkv.jpg

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Petterson, he's an animal ready to explode this season!

I took Pettersson. I also was able to get Dahlin and Svechnikov in later rounds. Surprised people let them slip by for so long. Other people in the pool were going after proven 40 pts defenseman and 60 pts forwards. I'm willing to bet Dahlin and Svechnikov will be close to these levels in their 1st year!

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
OK, my keeper hockey pool draft is tonight and I need help. I have the 1st OA pick. Who do you take? Dahlin or Pettersson?

- 6 keeper pool. I'm protecting Price, Murray, Burns, Subban, Laine, Radulov.

- Scoring categories are Goals, Assists, Points, Hits, Shots, PP and SH points, +/-.

- Guys like Patch, ROR, E Kane, RNH are available after everybody sets their 6 keepers. 12 teams in our keeper hockey pool that's been going on for 15 years ish. I pick 1st and don't pick again till 24.

Dahlin or Pettersson? Who and Why?
Are you going for the title this year or still building your team?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Are you going for the title this year or still building your team?

More about building my team for the future and hoping the team gets stronger in the 2nd half. It's $100 for each year. Won it 2 years ago but finished last place last season. Price and Murray killed me last year! I lack offense a bit this year but I'm sure I'll be able to pick up some guys here and there once we get to see line chemistry. This is what I got so far. Zadorov and Grubauer are my spares.

Laine, Radulov, Pettersson, Svechnikov, Hornqvist, Couture, Gallagher, Toffoli
Burns, Subban, Dahlin, Zadorov
Price, Murray, Grubauer

Will be interesting to see what 6 I protect for next year.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Yes, but I trust Habs fans and their knowledge more! :)
This is more responses than you'd ever get in the fantasy forum.

I'm surprised Petterson is still available . No one took him last year ?

I'm in minority maybe, but I say Dahlin .Offensive D are a valuable commodity . If he's everything he was hyped to be , he's a franchise superstar , 55pts offensive dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad